Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

I wouldn't even know where to get the thinner ones. Blody hard enough getting the commercial blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Yeah its the one big thing that turns me off on the 22". The price you pay for blades is rediculous. Bought 2 sets a week ago at a cheaper price from my local shop. $20 a pair! Without bolts.
    Cranbourne, I went to the Rover shop here this morning and he reckons he can get the thin Rover 560 blades. They always try to sell the heavy ones but when I gave him the part number he reckoned he can get them. $4 approx for two blades, no bolts. The heavy genuine Rover blades are $8.40 for 2 incl bolts.

EDIT" part number for thin 560 blades is A16355

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Cranbourne, I went to the Rover shop here this morning and he reckons he can get the thin Rover 560 blades. They always try to sell the heavy ones but when I gave him the part number he reckoned he can get them. $4 approx for two blades, no bolts. The heavy genuine Rover blades are $8.40 for 2 incl bolts.

EDIT" part number for thin 560 blades is A16355
    Thats interesting,was in the local Rover dealer yesterday picking up an extension for the Shindy multi when I noticed some of the thin 560 blades hanging on the wall. He said he couldn't get them anymore so I took all 12 he had left but they were $5 each. Everywhere I have tried says unavailable.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Ok Courty. I don't have them yet, so maybe my shop will have trouble getting them. Should know next week.

One thing I noticed about the 910 engine,......its a thirsty mongrel. I reckon the Briggs drinks half of what that thing does, but the 910 revs higher all day I guess, because of the lack of throttle.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    One thing I noticed about the 910 engine,......its a thirsty mongrel. I reckon the Briggs drinks half of what that thing does, but the 910 revs higher all day I guess, because of the lack of throttle.
    I'm glad you brought that up stump. I always thought the same thing. I just figured I'm not keeping up with the maintenance.

Very Helpful Member

the larger the engine the more fuel it drinks
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Just had the lever spring break on my rover, replaced it with another generic spring from bunnings but still not pulling the cable?, have it at my local mower shop ATM but his currently determining what the prob is.. Cable may not be pulling?, anyone had the lever spring break? Anyone had the cable where it's just suspended? Be interesting to see what the prob is
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Probably caused by the cable being worn or dry inside.
    At one stage(before I woke up to the cause) I replaced that spring with a loop of #8 wire. That worked fine until the eye broke out of the end of the cable wire. I put a new cable in and re-used the spring and it was all good again. I've been lubricating the cable much more regularly since then, but just recently I'm noticing that the spring is stretching rather than pulling the cable and engaging the clutch properly, so it's on the way out again.
    The new cable comes with a new adjuster so they are a bit dear, but it should fix your problem.

Ideally, if you could get rid of the 2 sharp bends in the cable across the handles, the cable would last longer but that would mean a shorter cable, which might be hard to find.

The good thing abou the thick blades is that you can sharpen them again and again. I find taking the bladee carrier off and holdin g it up to the bench grinder is best. The bad thing about the thick blades is that if you don't sharpen them the mongrel doesn't cut!

My mechanic said nothing but the correct spring will do on the drive cable. The cable does seem to get caught when you fold the handle, its a mongrel. and expensive.

Anyone got one of the new chinese models? How are they?

Tom

Rover has been made in China for some time now. The hardware is the same as far as I know.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

My 560 is in the shop at the moment getting the cork on the clutch plates replaced. What sort of time span are you guys getting from yours before replacement?
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Have you done the adjustment on the clutch end Courty. You can adjust it twice down there before you should need new corks.

I'm having issues with the clutch cable on mine. I just ordered a new one (second new one in 250-300 hrs) Seems to me that the cable wears in the 2 sharp bends across the handle bars. Eventually the wire gets too hard to pull through and the top spring stretches instead of pulling the wire to engage the drive properly. I've been pretty thorough in lubricating it too.
    I've done away with the top spring now. I can't see any sense in having it there.

Haha just looked back and I said the same thing a few posts ago.
    Last edited by edbeek; 30-11-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Oldtimers disease

i have run mine two years now, adjusted the clutch cork once, one more adjustment left

I'm beginning to think they just keep replacing **** until they fix the problem. Two phone calls since I posted about the cork,one to tell me a bearing had seized on the clutch shaft and worn a groove in it,another just now to tell me some pinion gears are stripped(which is bull****).I think I will be having discussions with management when I pick it up,considering I sprung for a new 216M2 when I dropped the rover off.

If it was me I'd be doing the same! (Giving them my two-cents worth that is!)

Make sure you ask to see the "damaged" and replaced parts.

Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast