Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Courty, Just curious what were the symptoms before you took it in? Did it stop driving suddenly? Could you hear any noises coming from the gearbox? Did the engine labour excessively when you engaged the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Courty, Just curious what were the symptoms before you took it in? Did it stop driving suddenly? Could you hear any noises coming from the gearbox? Did the engine labour excessively when you engaged the drive?
    It just stopped driving Ed,no noises etc.I checked it over quickly before it went in,clutch plates were spinning freely etc,just not engaging fully(well by my eyes anyway). I put it in for a engine service before I went on Hols a few weeks back and it was **** ever since I got it back,not revving as hard as it was etc,they just trotted out the line"factory rev range" which was bull**** because it idled higher from new then what their WOT was.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

How does everyone sharpen the original blades and how often?

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    How does everyone sharpen the original blades and how often?

Simmo.
    I don't use my Rover as much as most on here, so unless I'm pressed for time, I like to sharpen my blades with a good quality file.
    How often depends a lot on what soil you are on. Some soils will dull the edge and wear out the flute quicker than others.

What blades come on the new 560's?
    I'm now told by my shop that the original light blades that came on the older model are no longer available. I like the ASP blades best now anyway with the bigger step-down.

Courty, it will be interesting to know exactly what happened to yours. I think I'd like to see the worn out parts.

I'm not saying this in any way related to your problem, but the thing I hate about wearing earmuffs is that it is easy to miss a lot of warning signs of anything going wrong with the gear. I've got to lift one pad just to have a good listen every now & again.

Off all things... My starter cord broke this afternoon at 6pm on my second last job...

Machine is only a few months old. Off to the shop tomorrow morning to get it fixed as i have another full day booked in tomorrow (and the 2 to catch up on that i obviously couldn't do)

Is it hard to fix on the Rover (china model)... or does it need a brand new assembly?

PLEASE SAY EASY PEASY!!!!!!

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lawn mowing professionals View Post
    off all things... My starter cord broke this afternoon at 6pm on my second last job...

Machine is only a few months old. Off to the shop tomorrow morning to get it fixed as i have another full day booked in tomorrow (and the 2 to catch up on that i obviously couldn't do)

is it hard to fix on the rover (china model)... Or does it need a brand new assembly?

Please say easy peasy!!!!!!

Simmo.
    easy peasy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    easy peasy!!!!!!
    Are you just saying that cuz i asked u to

So existing part can be fixed?

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Are you just saying that cuz i asked u to

So existing part can be fixed?

Simmo.
    If its just the cord ,,,no problem . Just make sure they give you enough cord. Takes about 20 mins to replace. Take off the main cover and then the cord spool. You''ll work it out pretty easy.

BTW the main cover has 3 screws holding it on and if our mowers are the same? 2 of them will be under the sticker at the front end

Very Helpful Member

and make sure you don't undo the spring on the starter assembly because they are a real pain to get back in
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    If its just the cord ,,,no problem . Just make sure they give you enough cord. Takes about 20 mins to replace. Take off the main cover and then the cord spool. You''ll work it out pretty easy.

BTW the main cover has 3 screws holding it on and if our mowers are the same? 2 of them will be under the sticker at the front end
    I should of probably worded it better.... the starter cord is STUCK.

It has a bit of flex... about 3 cm but definately wont budge.

Not sure how it happened. Happened to my blower a few months ago also... maybe i pull to hard?

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Very Helpful Member

may just be the cord has not run back in properly and got jammed in the assembly but may also be a broken part if it is broken and only a few months old i would try hitting them up for warranty
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

i use honda blades and bolts on my 560 sp all you have to do is file the holes a little bit bigger on the blade holder been using it like this for 7 month no problems and a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jjkremer View Post
    i use honda blades and bolts on my 560 sp all you have to do is file the holes a little bit bigger on the blade holder been using it like this for 7 month no problems and a lot cheaper.
    Yep been meaning to get this done,might have a chance over Xmas in my brothers workshop.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

I should of probably worded it better.... the starter cord is STUCK.

It has a bit of flex... about 3 cm but definately wont budge.

Not sure how it happened. Happened to my blower a few months ago also... maybe i pull to hard?

Simmo.
    Here is the update...

Nothing wrong with the trusted RED ROVER... It was the idiot owner's fault, and i also partly blame the engineer's in China.

Rocked up to the dealer this morning (called prior as you do) and problem solved in 30 seconds... He pulled the cord and sensed something wasn't right... tilted the mower up and spotted the mulching plug wedged between the blades.

It has always been difficult to insert the catcher and mulching plug for some reason... It's quite tight.

I actually had this happen once before but took the mulching plug out (and obviously didn't realise this is what solved the problem as it was just harder to start). The flap closes and the mulching plug sits as though it is seated correctly (but goes under the metal lip)... I now recall that I had a job prior and i used the catcher... It was 6pm (I had started at 7am) with 2 more jobs to go (dehydrated and a bad dose of hayfever at the moment) and probably subconciously wanted to call it a day.

I'm happy that nothing was wrong and that i still managed to do a full day today, plus the 2 to catch up's from last night. I finally got home at 7pm to put the dusty red rover away until Monday...

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

No way my catcher will fit on with the mulch plug in place,wish it did as could happily go about my business looking like I'm catching

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast