Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

All 4 blade ones now and heaps of power, really does leave the Honda behind. Just need a strong arm and back to start, could do with a auto decompression for starting. Mine start after 2 or 3 pulls. Honda is easier to start but that's about it.

It may be old but they work so why change for changes sake? Mine's 4 blade and the B&S runs around 6HP, the Honda is 4.5HP and seems to rev low according to comments on this forum. Lack of power is not a problem. At 22" they certainly aren't are fiddly job mower, for that I run a basic 18" deck with a commercial engine, although in reality it only comes out on one area I need to do where I have to lift the mower onto another level, never do that by myself with the 560. In saying that,I still use the 560 for these. With the SP I find it just as easy to use around PITA areas around stupid tree and garden bed placement, you can use the drive to get it in and under and the long handles keep you out of the way.

Saying all that, this year the 560 will be resting for most of the time as the Gravely 34 will be doing most of the work faster and with me sitting down. Now if I could just find a ride on trimmer.

jayk, the bar blade with flails is good, but honda motors didnt like them & failed under warranty(supposedy).i run the bar blade on both rover 560s , both have honda motors & no major probs. i did try the disc but no good on wet grass.

There is still a ProCut 560 with a tag price of $899 in Kingaroy. If someone wants to grab it, I can run it down to Toowoomba/South Brissie next weekend.

It's got the 850 i/c motor but no snorkel.

Picked up a 560 this morning,only done a hand full of lawns with it but so far I'm impressed with the cut and the power.
    Will report back after It's seen a bit more action.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Picked up a 560 this morning,only done a hand full of lawns with it but so far I'm impressed with the cut and the power.
    Will report back after It's seen a bit more action.
    Just watch your fingers on the clutch when you are turning! It is a little different to the Honda and I got my fingers caught a few times when turning the mower.
    I think they have a much better cut to the Honda, especially when it's wet.

Hi Redlandsguy
    Check out Peco Z trimmer. Found on youtube looking for something else oneday.
    Cheers
    hjl

I don't know why I waited so long for an SP,fark it saves some time.
    Only early days yet but I'm pretty impressed with the 850I/C engine,most of the time I'm only running at 3/4 throttle. It packs the catcher extremely well.
    It is a big beast but I used it on a couple of intricate lawns yesterday with no real dramas,just have to change my whippie work a little.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I'm with you - I've just moved on from a 196D - that extra 3 inches makes all the difference(showing restraint and not making a joke here) and it goes like a train. I have a job keeping up with the damn thing at the end of the day.

I've got a five year old deck with a new B&S motor.. single speed( do the new ones have more speeds? . after a couple of lawns the SP didn't work too well.. cleaned and fooled with the adjustment a bit and it seems better. Do I need to replace the belt or something?

Tom

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    I'm with you - I've just moved on from a 196D - that extra 3 inches makes all the difference(showing restraint and not making a joke here) and it goes like a train. I have a job keeping up with the damn thing at the end of the day.

I've got a five year old deck with a new B&S motor.. single speed( do the new ones have more speeds? . after a couple of lawns the SP didn't work too well.. cleaned and fooled with the adjustment a bit and it seems better. Do I need to replace the belt or something?

Tom

Tom
    in the end you will have to do some welding to keep the chain tight, but only after a year or two mate. at the moment there should be a plastic adjustment screw on the clutch cable just near the throttle lever. if you tighten this it will tighten the cable and you will have better speed again. they are good mowers, but they will die slowly from about 6months to 12 months if you are hardcore in how many lawns you do. ...they are still better than the new hondas though (in my opinion lol!). there is also another adjustment under the cover for the sp gearbox. you can also tighten this, but prob wont need to for a few months. prob best to have a apare clutch cable too, as easier to brake than on the honda, but if you way up the output they give you they are better!
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

I ended up grabbing a 560 today. The old honda sp that I was using on a few steep blocks hemorrhaged badly so I took the plunge on a new Rover.

Only put a deposit on at this stage, so won't pick it up for a week or two.

I picked up my new ProCut 560 this arvo and put it straight into an overgrown lawn.

Unbelievable the difference in power between the 850 and the 825 in my 20". Specs say it's 11.5Nm torque v 11.2 in the 825, but they are poles apart. Same basic engine as far as I can see. Might have to see if there is a carby tune or something to get more out of my 825.

I put my name on one yesterday too. I have the 20 inch pushie with 850, but got the 22 inch SP with same. Got it for $900, so bargain, but won't have it paid off for a few weeks yet.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Yeah Stump, mine was $899 + a few freebie blades/oil.

I was also planning on stretching out the payments a bit longer, but after mowing this again on Tuesday with the pushie, I thought "this is crazy'

image0003resized2.jpg

Did a big long damp lawn this afternoon with my 2nd hand 560 w3ith the mulch plug.. the grass compacted above the blades and stalled the motor. After that I stopped it frequently and scraped the underneath of the deck clean but I wasn't too happy. I wonder would a dedicated mulcher do any better? The shorter grass mulched really well, great finish and the catcher is ok.. maybe a bit small. If you let it fill it spills grass everywhere when you remove it. The petrol tank could be double the size.

The whole thing is a bit tired.. I paid 670 for it with a new B&S but maybe getting a new one would have been a better idea.. tho they say thre aussie made bases are superior.. the new ones are chinese apparently.

The SP works ok on the flat but won't go up hills without a push. Anyone changed the drive belt?

The upper section of the handle wobbles up and down - the bottom stud goes through a slot rather than a hole on the handle so tighening it doesn;t do much. Might just put in a couple of self-tappers.

Glad its Friday!
    Tom

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast