Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Had my 560 over a month now and I like it rate it 7/10 had been using Hondas around 13yrs
    Not so good: Engine cutout instead of blade brake, heavy to start needs alot of muscle but does start first pull,
    The Good: Nice cut, catches well, fills the catcher, Big wide wheels leaves no tracks, Plenty robust nothing has broke yet
    Have not used it on wet grass yet..Bring it on
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

After reading all the good and crook things about mowers I feel this is going to be my next mower, I have a john deer js48 which is ok but i'm not doing many lawns at all and it seems ok, I brought this in March 2013 b4 i joined the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Had my 560 over a month now and I like it rate it 7/10 had been using Hondas around 13yrs
    Not so good: Engine cutout instead of blade brake, heavy to start needs alot of muscle but does start first pull,
    The Good: Nice cut, catches well, fills the catcher, Big wide wheels leaves no tracks, Plenty robust nothing has broke yet
    Have not used it on wet grass yet..Bring it on

Has anyone actually fitted a throttle control to the rover 910?

After having spent a lot of daylight hours reading the various threads (heat in Melbourne this week is too hot to work), i've just ordered the sp50 with the Kohler engine over the Rover 910. The main reason was for the adjustable throttle. The price was about the same. Good move/Bad Move?

jd, always a good move to buy a Rover but then I am biased, love Rovers. Adjustable throttle is a bit easier to control speed of mower. welcome to the club.

Ok, in the next week or 2 I'm going to buy a Rover sp, It must have the big shute I am hearing about, so many variations, seems they're about $600 -$700, no probs, my existing mower's are ok but I just want something big and gutsy that picks up and fills the catcher, forget honda,chonda, and anything that reckons its a honda. Village Mowers at Ingleburn nsw have one for around $620 i think, but the website dont tell me enuff. I'll buy on the forums suggestions.

again, im biased but I have a superswift commercial S/P with Honda motor (they also have kohler) and its a brilliant machine in my opinion ...any allpower dealer should have them in stock
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Well I'll check them out on the web, thank you. Nothing wrong with biased imho, I may even get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mow And Go View Post
    again, im biased but I have a superswift commercial S/P with Honda motor (they also have kohler) and its a brilliant machine in my opinion ...any allpower dealer should have them in stock

Which one? the Kohler is cheaper, how big is the shute and does it cut and catch in the damp/wet grass, one speed sp, how fast/slow, i'll have to have a visual but both seem good value to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Well I'll check them out on the web, thank you. Nothing wrong with biased imho, I may even get one.

I have the Honda, but have since bought a kohler and haven't had an issue with either. Full width chute and it cuts and catches well in damp grass, wet is good as long as its not LONG and wet, in which case it needs to be cleared around the gearbox rebate in the chassis (similar to rover) ....the SP isn't bad, im 6'4-6'5 and its a comfortable pace for me. ymmv
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Leaning towards rover, more speed settings and from what I see it cuts long wet grass, and its around $570-650 ish.Considering i do sfa lawns anyway, but the ones I have done were difficult with my John deer just not collecting properly, stop-start-stop-start clean-empty, PITA. Work smarter not harder.
    I have the Honda, but have since bought a kohler and haven't had an issue with either. Full width chute and it cuts and catches well in damp grass, wet is good as long as its not LONG and wet, in which case it needs to be cleared around the gearbox rebate in the chassis (similar to rover) ....the SP isn't bad, im 6'4-6'5 and its a comfortable pace for me. ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Leaning towards rover, more speed settings and from what I see it cuts long wet grass, and its around $570-650 ish.Considering i do sfa lawns anyway, but the ones I have done were difficult with my John deer just not collecting properly, stop-start-stop-start clean-empty, PITA. Work smarter not harder.

The Superswift is one speed but that speed can be adjusted simply and on the go without the need for tools.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

I can get a superswift fully assembled Model 797KSP from a local dealer $759. Cant find the fuel capacity tho....read somewhere its only 500mil's...yikes?
    There's a guy on gumtree selling a new assembled Rover procut for $500 if you's re interested, located at Bulli nsw.And a local dealer at Kiama told me today the rover 910 engine if made in China.

Hi BSD. I'm the bloke selling the brand new Rover 560 s/p in Bulli for $500. The engines are actually made in Mexico. If you are interested, drop me a line.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    Hi BSD. I'm the bloke selling the brand new Rover 560 s/p in Bulli for $500. The engines are actually made in Mexico. If you are interested, drop me a line.
    Cheers
    will do ..................

Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast