Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Does it have the snorkel air filter leading into the lower one?

yes mate it has a snorkel. We need a snorkel today in Sydney Rain Rain Rain...
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Sold off one Honda with one more 21" to go,in a few weeks i'll pick up a new pro cut 50 and have the used 560 as back up.

I've noticed how much lighter the 560 is to maneuver over the Honda HRU216,i don't know the weights of either machine but so much more easier.
    The Rover seems to have the signs of being a brute of a machine.

Just for curiosity is this guy on this forum ??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Tt7Kkr_Es

Thats it
    I got the 22" deck the one on the vid is a 20"

Hey beetle how much did you get for the honda? I guess I will sell mine as well if this works out and is looking like it will

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Thats it
    I got the 22" deck the one on the vid is a 20"

Hey beetle how much did you get for the honda? I guess I will sell mine as well if this works out and is looking like it will
    ........... $600 ...........

Mate fyi, I paid $490 unused from a member here...22", $6-700 seems the going price. I had a Honda in 1980-82, this baby was a good'un,(cost about $780 then) and I almost got one for $1590 about 8 months ago, BUT after seeing the Bunnings stuff and reading all the neg's about Honda's I brought a JD48,good but crappy in wet, the 560 is a bull mastiff unleashed on 'crack', I think I'll get a throttle control just to slow the beast down a 'tad', otherwise I reckon you can mow long grass in the rain.(betch'ya Chonda'a watching this section).

Got a couple of questions guys.

1. Have any of you modified the way the wheels connect to the axle? I hate those clips, I was thinking of drilling a hole with a split pin and washes, anyone done that?
    2. When you take the plastic hub cap off the back wheel there is a round red cap on the wheel that when removed gives you a view of the cog that drives the wheel. Do you use this for an inspection hole? or is this used to blow out dirt and grime without having to remove the wheel?

Cheers
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Got a couple of questions guys.

1. Have any of you modified the way the wheels connect to the axle? I hate those clips, I was thinking of drilling a hole with a split pin and washes, anyone done that?
    2. When you take the plastic hub cap off the back wheel there is a round red cap on the wheel that when removed gives you a view of the cog that drives the wheel. Do you use this for an inspection hole? or is this used to blow out dirt and grime without having to remove the wheel?

Cheers
    Dean
    You can take those clips off and re use them..Very small flat head screw driver into clip slot small twist one after the other and it slides off.
    Flatten the centre of the clip and put back on.The advantage of the clip is it can push hard up against the bearing and keep everything tight.Or if you use a split pin then you should pack it out with a washer or a few.

The plug on the wheel is for oiling,but i would remove the wheel as there's a washer in the way which holds the pawl in place.looks a dumb idea on what they designed.

The retaining clips are about 50c each if you plan on removing them i would put new clips back on......as for split pins and washers why would you bother, you will on average only remove the wheels once a year to change the pawls.

Why would you oil a part that is just going to attract more dust, dirt, dry grass etc? Wouldn't you be better off blowing it clean with compressed air?

A local repairer suggested blowing the pawls first then applying graphite powder, to stop dirt & grass sticking to the pawls. He said this should be done weekly.

Just use the red plug to blow out and lubricate, I remove the wheel clips like BettleJuice, I don't reuse the clip very often, only when I forget to order some. Graphite dust might be the way to go, I have not tried, only use oil.

What's the maintinence on the Rovers?
    Similar to the Hondas? Oil change, maybe air filter clean and maybe once a year spark plug.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Thanks guys good answers

It should only be a few drops of oil on the axle/pawl.Remember this is a sealed area which has a washer then the retainer washer stopping dirt getting in.So really the inspection port through the wheel can't really be of benefit.

I just went through replacing all bearings and pulling all these apart including pinions.Very simplistic how it all works and easily done at home.
    The previous owner of the 560 i got ran this thing into the ground,either lazy or no idea how to check and repair or to take it to a mower shop and get it checked and repaired.At least the honda engine is ok and i only had to work on the drive system.

The difference between most machines is only the drive system and how it works and what costs are involved in getting replacement parts or paying for repairs.When the gearbox goes on a honda it's a totally different cost to a Rover

PS
    Just sold my second Honda on ebay so from now on it's all Rovers for me.

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast