Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Hi all need help with my 560
    One of the drive wheels is not propelling properly, its making a clicking sound when engaged and not working any ideas ? (iam a rover sp newbie)
    Also what is the easiest way to remove the wheel clip to take the wheel off ( I tried prying it off with a large screw driver, they`re tuff )

Cheers Greg..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

So many reasons as to why, but do you have the service book?, the answere is in the fault finding section, it could be a number of things, one being dirty ratchets or drive pauls need cleaning etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    One of the drive wheels is not propelling properly, its making a clicking sound when engaged and not working any ideas ? (iam a rover sp newbie)
    Also what is the easiest way to remove the wheel clip to take the wheel off ( I tried prying it off with a large screw driver, they`re tuff )

Cheers Greg..

Cheers Greg..
    I get them off by pushing a small flathead screw driver into the slot of the retainer and giving it a slight twist outwards,just keep going around and it will loosen.If you have no spare you can tap the centre flat and re use it.

After removing the retainer next you get the circlip off and washer then have a look inside the gear for dirt or is it bone dry.I did one through the week which was a few years old as anything i tried failed after a day and ended up fitting a new cog and pawl .

When you re assemble pack the drive gear with washer spacers so that the circlip just gets on the grove.If you don't the drive gear will wobble and create another problem

Very simply made and easy to work on.

How old is the mower simo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    Thanks mate, sent off a few emails to a few Stihl shops. Got a reply back from Berwick 45 minutes later at a good price. Have organised a purchase.

Cant be easier than that! Cant wait to see how these things look and feel like, let alone cut grass
    http://http://smartsaver.com.au/coup...nsaws/?p=75064

Found this voucher for there that seems like it has some good offers on it. It must be a newly opened shop?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post

How old is the mower simo ?
    Its only done about 75 hrs, its almost 4 months old
    Took the wheel off inside was dirt free took the cog and pawl out, there was a little grease on pawl.. Cleaned and dobed with grease put back together..
    Still the same seams the pawl is not catching ( and no I didn`t put the pawl in backwards )
    So i guess I need a new cog and pawl ??

Its only done about 75 hrs, its almost 4 months old
    Took the wheel off inside was dirt free took the cog and pawl out, there was a little grease on pawl.. Cleaned and dobed with grease put back together..
    Still the same seams the pawl is not catching ( and no I didn`t put the pawl in backwards )
    So i guess I need a new cog and pawl ??
    The dealer where i buy all my bits and pieces from said when handing over the cog and pawl..
    Just a drop of oil..no grease as the pawl needs to move,grease is too sticky..and that's how i fitted it and it's been running fine for the last few days

Thanks BJ I`ll clean the grease off and add a drop of oil, fingers X

Thanks BJ I`ll clean the grease off and add a drop of oil, fingers X
    Have a look at the amount of play there is when assembling.As mentioned B4....

The drive gear has washers as packers and they do get wear rubbing when turning so this is what you do..

When finished assembling it grab a hold of the gear and slide it forwards and back along the shaft..If there is one or half a mill of play take off the circlip and add a thicker washer or pack it with some extra thin washer so you have no play and the circlip just clicks into place.

When you slide that gear on the shaft at assembly you'll notice that if you rock it up and down there's a fair bit of movement and by packing with washers either side of the gear it reduces movement and it works like intended and trouble free.

If you leave it sloppy then you'll be back to square one with issues.

I don't mind the fixed speed setup at all, but sometimes its a pig to start, so you can get a plastic spring hand clamp from any $2 shop, they cost $2, use this to hold the cut out lever when moving bikes, trampolines, swings and stuff, this clamps the lever in position, and when emptying the catcher you can leave the clamp on the bar, and use a small 50mm paper clamp from office works or the newsagent to clip onto the slow/fast lever on the side of the carby, this slows the engine to an idle and stops grass blowing in your face when emptying the catcher, of course safety first and make sure no kids are about of sloping ground etc, just saves mucking about stop/starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    without having looked at one, I think you would have to fit a different carby to get throttle control - can't see how you could attach a throttle cable set-up to a fixed throttle carby
    edit - I'm talking of the 910 engine oviously

An ocy strap is best. you pull back to stop then it just springs back. Perfect
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Like I meant is I dont stop it, I idle it down low with the clip and leave the cut out handle clamped on, reinstall the catch at nice low rev's and unclip the clip on the carby, then away ya go, Friday I had a semi ferall and moved 10 meters and had to empty the catcher, total was about 15 catchers x 60 plus litres in the bin each empty, thats a lot of stop/go crankin I reckon, finished up looking pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    An ocy strap is best. you pull back to stop then it just springs back. Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Like I meant is I dont stop it, I idle it down low with the clip and leave the cut out handle clamped on, reinstall the catch at nice low rev's and unclip the clip on the carby, then away ya go, Friday I had a semi ferall and moved 10 meters and had to empty the catcher, total was about 15 catchers x 60 plus litres in the bin each empty, thats a lot of stop/go crankin I reckon, finished up looking pretty good.
    Some pics would be good fellas. Picking up one in the morning so best learn from you. Have not even seen the mower yet, just gone on what everyone else has been saying. This new pro cut 50 is costing less than a new MOTOR only for the old 215 s/p Honda

Are you guys saying the Rover engine being 5.5hp has more guts than a Honda GXV160.?.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Are you guys saying the Rover engine being 5.5hp has more guts than a Honda GXV160.?.
    The Honda gxv160 only has 4.3hp according to the honda engines website. After using both yes I would agree the Rover has more power.
    http://engines.honda.com/models/model-detail/gxv160

Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast