Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    The trick is though that if something went wrong. i.e. injury to a bystander, you need to make it look as per the manufacture intended to cover yourself. If it is too heavily modified you might get in trouble. that is why i always try and stick to a manufactured product or at least be sure I can make it look like I hadn't altered anything. Having said that I'd love to just pull that flap right up and wear a set of green cricket pads.
    Ok - I've heard you blokes with ocky straps, bits of wire, bits of rope, and now home made chutes (well done!)

I use the "handfull" grass chute. It requires no modification from standard, fits any mower, costs nothing and takes up no room on the truck.

???????

1-Start the mower and cut a few meters of grass. - stop blades/turn off mower.
    2- Grab a "handfull" of cut grass and open the rear flap.
    3- Jam handfull of grass between flap and chassis up near the hinge of the flap, let flap close to trap "handfull" of grass in place. A handfull will normally keep the flap open about 3-4 inches, double handfull will jam the flap open about 6-7 inches. any more and you risk hitting your legs with rubbish.
    4-Cut grass with mower.
    5 - when finished cutting grass, lift flap and remove "handfull" - put mower back on truck.

I was gunna patent it on "the Inventors", but some dumb b!tch wasn't satisfied with "what colours it comes in "
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Green I s'pose....
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Ok - I've heard you blokes with ocky straps, bits of wire, bits of rope, and now home made chutes (well done!)

I use the "handfull" grass chute. It requires no modification from standard, fits any mower, costs nothing and takes up no room on the truck.

???????

3- Jam handfull of grass between flap and chassis up near the hinge of the flap, let flap close to trap "handfull" of grass in place. A handfull will normally keep the flap open about 3-4 inches, double handfull will jam the flap open about 6-7 inches. any more and you risk hitting your legs with rubbish.
    4-Cut grass with mower.
    5 - when finished cutting grass, lift flap and remove "handfull" - put mower back on truck.

I was gunna patent it on "the Inventors", but some dumb b!tch wasn't satisfied with "what colours it comes in "

Oh no ARFA. I think i may have copied your patient idea...
    ive been running the mower so hard, that the shute doesnt close any more and thought the grass getting stuck as an addition was a great idea
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Thats brilliant!!
    You really need to upgrade that name of yours Arfa
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

cant you just lift the rear flap up a little with some electrical wire? (Arfa's idea). sure works well for Hondas.
    just lift the flap a little bit so the grass deflects sideways etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Hey Steveo,it probably will work alright with tall dry grass.

You could cut a section out with tin snips or angle grinder just to open it up a bit more,don't really think it needs to end up as a useless item.
    Give it a go and let us know mate.

It could even be on the opposite to what i marked,when grass enters the catcher it hits the left hand side of the catcher and bounces in.See if you can work it out.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post

???????

4-Cut grass with mower.

Great idea Arfa. 'The Arfa Handful Method'.

i just take the flap off...!!

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    cant you just lift the rear flap up a little with some electrical wire? (Arfa's idea). sure works well for Hondas.
    just lift the flap a little bit so the grass deflects sideways etc.
    Yeah you can just like i did with the honda and rover,just that steveo has purchased the item would be good to see it gets used

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Thats brilliant!!
    You really need to upgrade that name of yours Arfa
    Nah - keeping the name for when I'm too old to mow - it should qualify me for a public service job.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

My clutch plate has enough free play that it is moving forward and cutting into the plastic housing. Would the clutch need adjusting or replacing?

Any chance of taking a few pictures so we can see what's happening

Hi guys, another newbie looking for some learned advice, have been checking out the forum and gained a lot of knowledge that would have taken me years to find out by myself. I have been looking at the Rover Pro Cut 50, it seems like a lot of others are using them. My question is, they are offered with the kohler xt8 motor as an option, is this worth pursuing as against the standard engine, the price gap is not too bad without any negotiating done yet. Could anyone let me know the pros and cons? Cheers

i forgot to add, that at this stage I am not looking to buy the self propelled, just the pusher...

When i inquired about having the Kohler engine the mower shop said the rover engine was better.
    Hope it helps deciding

The Rover engine has more power than the Kohler, but the Kohler engine requires less effort to start.

Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast