Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Evan86, are you referring to the effort used against compression of the engine? Because mine starts first pull, and has done for the last 2 years/5000 lawns. I have seen this kind of comment alot in this thread, and I think its confusing.
    Kudos for choosing the pushie Bevel Drive. I run them and they practically do not break down, and I could count the spares that I have replaced on one hand for both of my pushie 50s. One is 4 years old. THe rear axle covers last about 2 years (with a full card of clients), and I have just replaced the two front wheels on my 4 year old machine as they were completely worn down past the honeycomb. I set of axle bushes in each. Also one rear discharge flap. THat is it!
    We always choose to mulch with them over the one sp that we have. Much easier to control the finish.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Any chance of taking a few pictures so we can see what's happening
    image.jpg
    Bit dark but hopefully you can see what's going on.

Clutch material looks to have come loose from the engagement plate, needs to be stuck back on.
    Independent and i know it

The fibre needs replacing, just worn out, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    image.jpg
    Bit dark but hopefully you can see what's going on.
    Ok so the cork has come loose and can be re stuck if not damaged

You'll have a hard time re-sticking the cork and making it stay on.
    These are the same as they were back in the mid 1990's - bloody cork clutch, - really guys, when grandad made the first one in the back shed in 1945 it was pretty impressive, but to put this technology on a 2014 mass produced machine is just embarrassing.

I've used contact adhesive, araldite, urethane, and silastic - none of them work to re-glue the clutch face properly and it falls off again after a week or so.
    Yes - I did clean and roughen both gluing surfaces before application. Possibly the glue they use to attach brake shoe linings on cars might work if you can find where to get some.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

You need heat resistant glue by selleys or Gorilla Glue

Thanks guys, I may be wrong but it seems reasonable to assume that if the Rover engine has more power it well be less likely to need restarting too often, so that will probably be the way I go unless someone can suggest another route. I am keen to explore all options, have worked with a mate who has a Honda, the cut seems great but it is damn heavy.

Commercial type mowers are alot heavier than domestic. The Rover engine also makes this machine heavier than my briggs powered one, but its a bigger engine. At least you wont have all the added weight of the SP gear.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Evan86, are you referring to the effort used against compression of the engine? Because mine starts first pull, and has done for the last 2 years/5000 lawns. I have seen this kind of comment alot in this thread, and I think its confusing.
    Kudos for choosing the pushie Bevel Drive. I run them and they practically do not break down, and I could count the spares that I have replaced on one hand for both of my pushie 50s. One is 4 years old. THe rear axle covers last about 2 years (with a full card of clients), and I have just replaced the two front wheels on my 4 year old machine as they were completely worn down past the honeycomb. I set of axle bushes in each. Also one rear discharge flap. THat is it!
    We always choose to mulch with them over the one sp that we have. Much easier to control the finish.
    They are both good engines and will both start first pull, but the Kohler requires less muscle to start. If you were to give both machines to a 70 year old and get them to start the machines they would have less difficulty pulling over the Kohler. For the average contractor this shouldn't be an issue but is still a difference between the two.

Thanks for all the advice and info guys. This forum is like the old Ducati forum I am on, everyone seems to want to help and are happy to share information. To a newcomer to the industry this is gold!
    Last edited by Bevel Drive; 13-06-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by EVAN86 View Post
    The Rover engine has more power than the Kohler, but the Kohler engine requires less effort to start.
    Yeah I've got a 196 copy with kohler xt7 engine easily as good as the honda.holding up well after about 1n half yrs of torture.starts really easily with minimal effort.

Ok so the cork has come loose and can be re stuck if not damaged
    I ended up taking the mower to the shop yesterday. Picked it up this morning. They cut out a new piece of cork and glued it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    I ended up taking the mower to the shop yesterday. Picked it up this morning. They cut out a new piece of cork and glued it in place.
    Did you buy that mower new,how long you had it.?

Did you buy that mower new,how long you had it.?
    I bought it 6 months ago from Masters.

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast