Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

HaHa I love reading(deciphering) your posts impala

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Sippin on some turys for my boy jimmy you tha man....So to day after a good day I decide I will by one of the mower that gleno be raving about so I get my sweat new matercard with my bussiness name on in and head off inserach of this inlosive mower I go to ashmore and look get approched by a one eye pirate dude I say where are these rover at but he said there long gone gooks over ran the primter and rebaged it ok cool go to karles mowers same thing he said your best bet is to go to ipswitch where the demand is low the mite have on sittin around so ill look in to that will see then.....I wont one.....guss i can get stihl ht131 pole prunner in it place but wont that elusive mower....cheers

i was gunna try and edit that up impala but chinese i dont understand

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Okay, I have just done a major service on my Rover 560, I removed the transmission and turned the drive clutch around to the III marking. It was because I had the drive cable out at full adjustment, mower would still self propell but would not move by itself as it used to. By moving the drive plate around to the number III slot it gave me instant wheel stand material again. A couple of things of interest and warning for those who have a 560.
    1: you don't need to take off the wheel backing plates to do any of the jobs as it says to do in the manual.
    2: when undoing the screws that hold the transmission onto the top housing, only press hard to start the screw turning otherwise you will push the captive lock nut out and then you will have to remove the main lower housing which can be a pain as it need scrapping of old silastic and new stuff being put on. Found a cordless drill with screwing options the best to undo and do back up. after I had stuffed up and had pushed the nut out, it does warn you in the manual but????
    3:make certain that you drain the oil and fuel out of the engine before starting, otherwise you will end up with a air filter full of oil and fuel mix, this stuffs the filter DUD !!! I did it, which over chokes the motor and so on Blah blah blah It pissed me off when I found out what had happened, that was before I pulled plug out and blew motor out a few times. LOL I am a dickhead.
    4: Make certain if you have to take lower housing off that the chain adjuster in the bottom of housing is in right place before you put lower housing back as it's a mongrel to get right once everything is back in.
    Otherwise except for these stuff ups it is about a 2hr job to removed and adjust drive plate and replace all, then about 5 to 10 minutes to adjust everything back to what it should be.

Ask me how to do it and I will advise you that if you are not mechanical minded then don't do it, get a mechanic to do it. If you are mechanical minded then make certain you have a good set of screw drivers, spanners and sockets, also a 5mm and 6mm pin punch for driving out and in the clevis pins in drive pulleys.

crap, i dont even know what a clevis pin IS

i'm in the give it to a mechanic group

but thanks for the workshop manual , david, and thanks for the ongoing info

cheers

Clevis/Link pins come in a variety of styles and shapes Happy. Generally held in place with a cotter-pin or similar.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=dr...w=1920&bih=957

Thanks for that David,you are a wealth of knowledge.
    Looks like I will be spending some weekends in Yamba and letting my brother do ithe got all the mechanical knowledge in our family.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Thanks for the tips David.
    Did you go from straight pos I to pos III or were you already on pos II ?

I gave mine it's first oil change (a bit late) and quick service this arvo too.

The air cleaner picks up a lot more debris than the snorkel type( obvoiusly I suppose) so will have to tap it out more often.

My clutch/gearbox was making strange squeaking noises during the week. There was a lot of chaff under the gearbox cover when I pulled it off. Blew it out and the noise seems to have stopped. So looks like that might be a weekly job too.

Does anyone find any benefits in adjusting the bar from mulch to catch position? My 20" has this too, but I can't tell any difference in performance of either function regardless of which position the front wheels are at. So I just leave it in catch position all the time.

Ed I did go straight to III but I think II may have not been enough, I should have tried it tho as I forgot to put on the post.
    If you are going to have to reposition the drive plate I would make certain that you have a new Drive chain and guide so you can replace them while you have the machine apart. I am going to have to pull it apart again to replace the guide as it is nearly worn out.
    Yes I take the top cover off every week and blow all the crap out, it's amazing how much gets in there.
    No I just leave the bar setup for mowing, I could not see any difference, unless the grass is really long then I setup the bar for mulch but actually catch, seems to make it easier to get the long grass under the mower

Most of the maintenance is very simple. The rest is not that hard especially now that you guys have a manual to tell you how to do it. Courty maybe you should take it all to brothers place and have a go while he supervises, only way to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Most of the maintenance is very simple. The rest is not that hard especially now that you guys have a manual to tell you how to do it. Courty maybe you should take it all to brothers place and have a go while he supervises, only way to learn.
    Maybe,there is some pretty good surf and fishing around those parts though

nah that was my intensions.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    I'm doing more now than I used to..the mower mechanics are so busy you might not get your machine back for 10 days or something.. they're under the pump too and might not get it right. Anyone read "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainence"? The author reckons that an interested amateur will do a better job than a busy, uncaring professional!
    Clear the decks, go slow, lay stuff out in the order it comes off, and do it in the morning when you are fresh. The worst case scenario is that you will stuff it up and have to take it to the mechanic.. and then wait the 10 days!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    I'm doing more now than I used to..the mower mechanics are so busy you might not get your machine back for 10 days or something.. they're under the pump too and might not get it right. Anyone read "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainence"? The author reckons that an interested amateur will do a better job than a busy, uncaring professional!
    Clear the decks, go slow, lay stuff out in the order it comes off, and do it in the morning when you are fresh. The worst case scenario is that you will stuff it up and have to take it to the mechanic.. and then wait the 10 days!

Tom
    wow, there's a blast from the distant past!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Here is a PDF of the parts break down and part numbers for a Rover 530 and 560 Drive unit, it might help you when you are playing mechanics.
    Attached Files Attached Files

when you push the lever for the SP, what does it actually do, does it just tighten the belt?

thats why you can use it to govern the speed a little bit?

trying to understand the new machine

thanks

Yes Happy it tensions the belt between the motor pulley and the transmission pulley, a bit like a clutch. so it a bit like slipping the clutch to make it move slowly, when you get into so thick stuff just pull the lever in fully,that's the idea, once the mower is moving slowly release pressure on lever until it is going at the speed you want.

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast