Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Looking for IT expert

Default Looking for IT expert

Hi Guys
    Have just finished designing my latest flyer and I need some help converting the wps file from Widows Works program, to PDF so I can take it to the printers. Have tried navigating my way around the net with free downloads etc and they just seem to send you around in circles.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if necessary, I can email the file to you. Thanks. Dean
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Default Re: Looking for IT expert

Just download CutePDF, install it and print as pdf. otherwise mail me and I will do it for you.
    Regards,
    Dean

Thanks for the reply dean, but will it convert to PDF? I want to just take a disc to the printers with the file.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

it "prints" it as a pdf file that you can save anywhere on your pc or disc or thumbdrive etc.
    Just pick it as the printer in your printing options instead of your normal printer.
    Regards,
    Dean

Thanks dean. Done. This download was the only one that had straight forward instructions on how to use it. Funilly enough, all the others that I downloaded came up in the printer option lol. Still trying to keep up with the times.

CutePDF is about the only free one I know that doesn't print advertising or watermarks on your document which is of course great.
    Regards,
    Dean

PDFCreator will do the job as well, for anyone else interested.

This is a good one as well which lets you decide the size and quality. Handy if your documents are too big to email.

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx
    Regards,
    Dean

The one I use is PDF-XChange Viewer - it's free
    More than a PDF Viewer, you can create a pdf from about anything by selecting PDF-Xchange as your printer.
    NO WATERMARKS

But wait...there's more...

This utility is also a PDF editor. I use it to complete forms before printing

Included FREE features:

Add Comments and Annotations to any PDF file (subject to security settings) - unlike the Adobe Viewer which requires the PDF creation tool to be 'certified' by Adobe !
    Add & apply Custom Stamps from any Image or PDF File and even your Windows Clip board !
    Measurement Tools incl. perimeter and area
    Mark-up pages with text and objects
    Type directly on any PDF page, not just Adobe enabled forms documents - in Typewriter mode.
    Export PDF pages or entire files to any one of the supported Image formats including BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and many more ...
    Extract text from a PDF page/File
    Make your navigation of large or complex PDF files both simple and enjoyable with the extended functionality of our 'Loupe' and the 'Pan' Window tools
    PDF Security Support including 40/128 bit RC4 and 128/256 bit AES Encryption Password and Permissions Add/Edit
    Data Execution Prevention (DEP) - stops the execution of nefarious scripts from Virus's/trojans etc.
    Fill and Save Adobe Forms to disk, email or 'post' - including XFA and dynamic forms (new in V2.5) !
    UI Customization (color scheme, borders, scroll bars visibility).
    Full Javascript Engine included
    Store/Restore of last opened files (last session)
    Updated JPEG2000 Compression support - improving speed.
    Plug-Ins for both MS IE or Firefox Browser's included
    Integrate seamlessly with your favorite translation software to translate text on the 'fly' - including : ABBYY Lingvo 12, Translate It!, Lingoes.
    Auto-Highlights Fillable Form Fields
    Integrated Shell Extensions for PDF thumbnails and document preview in Windows Explorer
    Document Search. Probably the fastest PDF document search engine available today !
    Set default viewing preferences for PDF files

Included FREE features:

IFilter Fast Search ! Trackers super fast IFilter is supplied FREE with all PDF-XChange Viewer installs and extracts and searches text from pages, document info (title, authors, subject etc.), comments, and bookmarks etc - faster than any competing IFilter product available!
    Adobe® Porfolios® Supported
    Includes comprehensive Help file and PDF Manual - no extra downloads required to add features etc.
    Support for PDF File Attachments (portfolio)
    Import/Export Reader default settings
    Send PDF files via email from viewer
    Ruler, Snap To Grid and Guidelines
    Customize User Interface (Toolbar options etc)
    Undo/Redo functionality for text editor
    Portable version also available - can be run from any suitable device such as a Memory stick/CD/DVD etc - simply unzip and use - no installation required - just 6MB download !
    Compatible with Windows 2000 and later (32/64 bit)
    Simple editing options - see latest releases
    Add/Edit/Move Bookmarks (Now a Free Feature)

Download from http://www.tracker-software.com/prod...xchange-viewer
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa