Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: calling all SE QLDers. grab your tennis shoes

Question calling all SE QLDers. grab your tennis shoes

i have a customers that needs to surface a tennis court. she must be impressed with my landscaping if she thought i could do it! wouldnt have a clue where to start. so does any one know of a good contractor that does this kind of thing? shes based in chinchilla, which is 2 hours west of toowoomba

Default Re: calling all SE QLDers. grab your tennis shoes

What is she looking for Kathryn? Grass court, Synthetic, Rubberised Bitumen, etc ? All have advantages and disadvantages. (Yes I used to play a lot of tournament tennis in my younger days!)

Your customer must have a good budget though as it's not cheap. Is the base of the court already constructed? Do you have any pics?

Trevor Buchanan would be one person to talk to.
    http://tenniscourt.com.au/courts_page.html

Otherwise there's a lot of others that do that sort of work.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=te...w=1401&bih=903

the concrete pad is down, the fence is up, as is the net and a basket ball hoop. i'll have a look at that website you sent me and take it from there.
    do you guys just normally pass the contact details onto your customer or would you try to project manage it to try and make a bit of money? shes been my best customer so far and we still have more flower beds to do there etc so i dont want to burn any bridges but a small referral fee wouldnt hurt would it?

If you manage to get a referral fee make sure to keep 50% for me .

In all honesty and seriousness I would probably just pass on the details I have given you and let her take it from there.
    I'm a bit surprised that whoever has done the initial concreting, fencing, net posts etc, hasn't already arranged the court surface with your customer.

On another note I can't believe how much construction and development is taking place out there due to CSG.
    Just read an article in today's paper that a local (Twmba) gardening company has just been awarded the contract to landscape a 20 sq km workers village precinct for one of the CSG companies. I'm wondering if the reporter got it wrong though as that's a huge area.

hmm. maybe they are increasing the stay over. that job would have been a little beyond my capacity! someone told me that the prediction is another 10,000 people. i think i got in at the right time. most of the new developments are fully built now and theres roads being put in for more. but with only 1 high school, 1 gp clinic etc the town needs more than houses
    as far as referral fees go, next time im in toowoomba on a rainy day i'll shout you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    as far as referral fees go, next time im in toowoomba on a rainy day i'll shout you a beer.
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Just say when!

just handed that phone number over to my customer. trevor buchanan sounded like a sound bloke when i spoke to him so cheers for that

How's this one going Kathryn?

havnt heard from her in a bit. need to make contact again soon, she has more beds to put in