Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Wheel String Trimmer

Default Re: High Wheel String Trimmer

hjl, I saw an echo bearcat high wheel trimmer in the shop today. The salesman said it wasn't really successful on love grass, but he showed me the blade option that could be fitted. It's a 14" sabre tooth blade. He's going to test it out on Love grass and see what it does.
    http://www.bearcatproducts.com/outdo...eled%20Trimmer Download the options from that page.

Looks pretty dangerous, and the blade looks too aggressive, but with 190cc driving it, it might do the job ok. He assures me that it is a perfectly legal attachment.

I still think the big brushcutter and steel wheel would probably not be much slower for rank love grass.

nb. that SP trimmer is just under $1700

Hi edbeek
    Thanks for the info on the Bearcat trimmers. Which shop did you find this in?
    Thanks
    hjl

It was at Kingaroy hjl, but any Allpower dealer should have info on them.

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    i agree, the stihl fs130 is a BEAST of a machine. i could cut faster than this guy with the grillo.

i dont know love grass though, but the fs130 cuts through saplings (and eats downpipes for breakfast, lol)

you can get bigger machines than the fs130, theyre actually used for forestry clearing saws. i dont know if you could put a string head on them, but they go up to about 80 cc, from memory.

the fs130 is the biggest "brushcutter" stihl make.

hope ya find your answer,

cheers

stihl has a beast of a machine : fs550 clearing saw.. they make these bump feed heads for them that have 4 lengths of string... i rkn that would be the ultimate combo lol.. exactly double the power of the fs 130

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123