Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up with repair shop service.

Default Re: Fed up with repair shop service.

exactly the same level of service i got bluey except i waited 10 mins and didnt even get a look or comment
    Independent and i know it

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I have too say this gets me. I do minor repairs and servicing to all my gear. But and it is a big but I am no expert. We speak the need to get a "professional" to mow your lawns but we do our own mechanical repairs....I do what I can and then it is off to the shop. Every 6 months is a good time to let a pro look at your gear
    If you do all the basic stuff to service it, look after it and have a look over, listen to any different sounds it makes while working etc you probably dont need to take it in unless there is something wrong with it, or it is something you are not comfortable with.
    Got my rebuilt 215 gearbox back from the "pros" which i took out of mower for them and after putting in back in the mower it seems the arm which engages the gearbox will not engage. Hope this is something silly i am missing. Have not had a second look because too busy but will see what the "pros" have to say when i ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    prob pay $200 labour for it cadase?
    paid $80 jayk, but like i said 6 weeks !!!!, they finally told me it was placed with the completed mowers, but the couple of times i did ring to find out what was going on, they said they were waiting on the gearbox. They're just full of shytt and told them so before i left.

I don't know where you guys find the time to do repairs like that if your working 6 days a week, Sunday ?, bugger that
    Personally i book in work for mon-thurs, Friday is catchup/maintenance/bookwork/ridiculous quote that got accepted day
    I do the minor repairs myself, which is just the wear and tear stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I don't know where you guys find the time to do repairs like that if your working 6 days a week, Sunday ?, bugger that
    Personally i book in work for mon-thurs, Friday is catchup/maintenance/bookwork/ridiculous quote that got accepted day
    I do the minor repairs myself, which is just the wear and tear stuff,
    love those ridiculous quote that got accepted jobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12