Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xmas

Default Re: Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Gave up on pants a long time ago. I'm sick of .

If I get too busy I will just send them up on the train from Brisbane and I'll stay here.
    Qantarse will be in damage control mate,tickets will be cheap.That is unless you want to subject them to train travel
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

That's true. Should be some cheap airfares available. Do kids, two and four years old, pay or is it if they need their own seat? I've never flown before so have no idea.

I'm not sure mate,always had to pay for my girl but she's older than yours. Check the websites.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Cut View Post
    Please don't mention Christmas yet, there is still 7 weeks of money makin' before that $hit fight week begins. One saving grace is there is a full 5 days before to service all your regs, with the Sat there if needed as a catch up.

I'm only taking the four off this year, too much coin to be made from the four days before NYE, I learnt my leason the hard way last year.
    I'm with you Classic,Xmas is a **** time to have off on the Gold Coast.Way to many tourists,plus my missus works in the toy game so no time off for her,may as well be earning coin

Quote Originally Posted by HPM View Post
    Happy Wife Happy Life...works for me.
    Divorce equals even a happier life

I'm closing down between Xmas and New Year, going north to Prossy to see my son for Xmas. I don't mind working but I find that the break is good between the busy period up to Xmas and then after New Year, lets you get the energy and enthusiasm back in place, especially if we have had some hot stormy days prior to Xmas. Just let all my Customers know in advance that they will be mowed the week before Xmas and then back onto cycle after New Year. Takes a bit of arranging so that I spread them out over the fortnight after the break so that I don't have alternative light and heavy weeks.

Paul, work out when you are going and for how long. I am older then you so take the drive a bit easier then I did in my younger days, but it is 2 days for me and feel like a break after I get there. Flying is the only way unless numbers make it uneconomical and the train is too expensive without some sort of government subsidy unless you are doing it esepecially. We will be coming back on the Sunlander, but in the Queenslander class with the gourmet meals and 1st class sleeper as a one off trip, but even seated on the train is near enough to the price of the jet and takes a day and a half longer. Remember that Xmas day is Sunday so you will probably have to leave Friday if driving.

Member of forum

Money re-energizes me Redlandsguy. More than enough time off in the cooler months, but each to their own.

So brother u herd the offer what u going to do about it you rolling with the best or going know where let my now the trouble free kings it up to you And anint going to happin to day but it the opputunty to change aye????????
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Sent that to wrong email dicarted that last post cheers.them i phones are amazing.
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

christmas without flooding would be good. last year we were an hour away from getting home after a trip to bathurst when we found out that the moonie highway was apparently 2 m under in places. after a night in goondiwindi we got back to dalby via warwick and toowoomba the next day . and that was just the first flood...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12