Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 196 freshin up.

Default 196 freshin up.

Hey all, well the holes are getting bigger on the ol 196 body so i'm gonna change it onto a new one. Anyone who done this befor got some tips befor i order all the gear? looking at ordering the body and a new back plate with the spring and changing it all over. front axles sloppy but i havent had a look really mayby a bush or something worn? been to busy making the holes bigger. cheers guys.

Default Re: 196 freshin up.

Deck is approx $210 - old style with wide throat- and still available through Hoonda.
    Axle bushes are $2 each.
    Height adjust lever is $10

Buggered if I know what the rest is worth.
    Should be a simple matter of unbolting everything that attaches to the deck and swapping straight over. An hour.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

ah yeh the bushes are all ill need aswell height adjusters all good as it only stays one height all the time.

online contractor store has the bases for 169 i think honda wanted 217 for one postage will be the killer but ill get some other stuff from the too i guess, they got the flap also but i might only need the spring as it doesnt hold down on the catcher to well. two years old not bad i guess as i use it for crumy honky nut lawns the mey gets used for the good ones.

Should be a dealer that can get your parts. I Know Perth is a separate country to the East coast but they should have nationwide pricing.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Very Helpful Member

i'm on my 3rd base for my oldest 197 it's not hard to do
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    Deck is approx $210 - old style with wide throat- and still available through Hoonda.
    Axle bushes are $2 each.
    Height adjust lever is $10

Buggered if I know what the rest is worth.
    Should be a simple matter of unbolting everything that attaches to the deck and swapping straight over. An hour.
    As you are changing over bases put all new pieces on for all smaller stuff - axles will be ok maybe a bit worn but new bushes will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    Should be a dealer that can get your parts. I Know Perth is a separate country to the East coast but they should have nationwide pricing.
    217 for the base was the price from dealer after 5 calls trying to get hold of the guy that deals with the mower parts and they have to order it from over east. so yeh they fail. but should be good im getting a bit stick of the sand and dust as its getting dusty on this side of the earth.