Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stihl Kombi system/ multi system

Default Re: Stihl Kombi system/ multi system

I just bought the whippie attachment for my KM90 on the weekend, and it's the first loop handle whippie I have ever used. It's taking a bit of getting used to. As I'm pretty tall, I've brought the loop back towards the engine but still find I have to stoop to keep the head near the ground. I'll eventually get it sorted.

How does the edger attachment go compared to other edgers Bgs?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I just bought the whippie attachment for my KM90 on the weekend, and it's the first loop handle whippie I have ever used. It's taking a bit of getting used to. As I'm pretty tall, I've brought the loop back towards the engine but still find I have to stoop to keep the head near the ground. I'll eventually get it sorted.

How does the edger attachment go compared to other edgers Bgs?
    Hi Edbeek I have never used another edger to compare it so cant comment, its a bit fiddly I use it on well maintained straight lines but find you still have to use the snipper to clean up. I would imagine that a dedicated edger would be a lot better and easier to use.

The buggars have changed the fuel cap on the new stihl multi tools crazy the old ones were fantastic, never leaked and a really great system. The new way costs less i'm guessing, can't understand why you'd change it other wise.

Will have to check mine. I bought one in August.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Will have to check mine. I bought one in August.
    The old system had a twist turn and lock function where as the new one just screws on but i think they haven't allowed enough thread to screw it down properly as mine seems to vibrate lose which is not good. Can be a few moments before you smell the fuel leaking and by that time it can be dripping onto plants, turf etc.

If anyone else has the same problem let me know, i'm taking it up with the dealer tomorrow, might email Stihl as well so they know what's going on.

The one you mention, were they the black and white ones? I think what they call 'tool-less". I know in the USA there was a recall on them on some models of equipment. Wonder if that led to a change of design here?

Mine looks like a newer one. Has a sort of sort of slightly wavy grip on top and only looks to have about three large turns of thread. I've only used mine about six times but no problems so far. When you screw yours in do you feel it sort of 'grip' when it fully tightens down?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    The one you mention, were they the black and white ones? I think what they call 'tool-less". I know in the USA there was a recall on them on some models of equipment. Wonder if that led to a change of design here?

Mine looks like a newer one. Has a sort of sort of slightly wavy grip on top and only looks to have about three large turns of thread. I've only used mine about six times but no problems so far. When you screw yours in do you feel it sort of 'grip' when it fully tightens down?
    Yeah that's the new version. The old one was black and white never had a problem with mine, i have that cap on 5 machines and never a drama.

Mine slows as it tightens down, from what i can see there should have been a little bit more thread put on the cap to lock it down harder.

Let me know how you go with yours, we use ours as our main whippy so there going all the time, had a good run out of the old ones. I'm a bit iffy on the new ones, they seem to have cheapened the whole thing to bring the price down to a more competitive point, me i'd rather pay a little extra and get something that will last.

Hey Scooby,

this is my one, I have had a few years now, never any fuel leaks, even when it sits sideways in the truck between jobs.JW211390.jpg

But my Stihl Hedger (HS45) leaks like a sieve when hung the wrong way in the truck, had to rearrange the hooks to accommodate.

That's the same as mine. Incidentally I bought a new Efco handheld blower last week. Cap on it has leaked from day one - every time it rolls over in the vehicle.

Hey Scotty you got a new pooch?? that's a different photo is it not?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Hey Scotty you got a new pooch?? that's a different photo is it not?
    Sure is, we have several dogs, all rescued (most with medical issues) hence the move to the Southern Highlands with a couple of acres.

The picture below is of the big guy, flat out on the job.

Is Greenie organising a Christmas drink this year?

IMG_1647.jpg

He looks like me on a Sunday morning lol
    He hasn't mentioned it. I am way to busy at the moment or I would do one.. Maybe around March
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

There was a problem with the old ones. The little lift up handle could break. Happened on one of mine about a year ago and they couldn't get the original plus it was way too expensive. Havent had any problem with the new ones
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Hated those lift up handle fuel caps. Don't know how many times I believed them to be sealed only to have fuel pour out when doing a verticle edge. Bought a new stihl chainsaw few months ago and they've now put those bloody caps on it.

Re the leaking fuel cap, leaked 3 times but after that all good. We seem to be getting better purchase on the thread now that's its worn in, been no problems since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12