Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airecut Tri Blade 350mm

Default Airecut Tri Blade 350mm

Well i tested this out yesterday just in case the vid was a put on guys this thing is unbelieveable .
    i was amazed at the speed and the power of this cutting blade 10 /10 .No need for any other blade when you have this one ,you have to be careful with this thing as it wil cut even into metal pipes .So have a good look around the area and keep away from anything you dont want to cut and keep your thinking cap on .you will save big bucks on trimmer line when cutting waiste high thick grass .i am stunned .

Airecut Tri Blade 350mm

Great for 30cc and above

Centre hole is 25mm

Warning this will cut through anything up to inch-inch and a half

Amazing cutter check this out on utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRkW7...eature=related

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Default Re: Airecut Tri Blade 350mm

Can't wait to get mine Dean.
    The 8 tooth blades slice off the Love grass OK , but it just lays down & dogs it. No fun at all.
    I want to hit it with this thing and see the mongrel sh!t cartwheeling across the paddock screaming for mercy

Do you need to wear as much safety gear as they recommend in the ads and videos? How did you go Dean? I can see the point with the amount of stuff it throws up but they even recommend shin pads, chainsaw chaps and full face helmets etc ! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and hot.

Hi Paul .
    i wore safety boots jeans sleeveless shirt peak hat and safety glasses it was 26 yesterday or around there sweated alot covered in grass and dirt looked like a scare crow .
    Up to you what you wear and for me depends if its just grass mind you blackberry and twicks where in amoung this stuff i cut .If i wanted to stay clean i would of used a body sized condom (overalls)lol .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Damn, Damn. First job with the airecut, hit a steel post concealed in the 3' grass and busted an inch off one of the blades. I had done all the edges first with the line trimmer to avoid this very thing. I've got a half-day feral cleanup just about every day, I was hoping for great things.

Just looked at the Indi shop, I should have ordered the smaller one anyway for my 25cc echo. The big one cut fine but didn't get the loft I was hoping for.

Muck all over, don't plan any ballroom dancing on your way home. mesh faceshield clogged and safety glasses beneath covered.

Very hard to avoid hitting something occasionally. Thats the good thing about the weed wakka, constructed like a swingback so if you hit something no harm done.

For edges, I'm using diamond edge in a shindy bump head. Is there something more aggressive?

Tom

That's a bugga Tom.

Mine just arrived in the mail today. Not much feral stuff left here at home to test it on

I got the 300mm one for my 43cc. Should do enough damage with that I think.

I forgot that I have a whole ridge of feral stuff to play on So I had a demo for half an hour.

It spins up to speed nice and easy.
    It's certainly the best blade I've used for keeping the head clean.
    I didn't have any big old Love grass tussocks, but plenty of 2 year old stuff and they were no problem.
    It didn't seem to throw up much more debris than other blades

Will be interesting to see how it wears.
    001rs.jpg

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Just used mine for the first time today. It is a scary piece of equipment, Used it on kik and 6' high bracken fern. Had to stop in the end. Didn't have my face shield with me and it was getting very painfull. Does a great job .

Wonder if they could change the profile on the tip of the blades just a bit to throw it lower?

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

BTW ended up with stuff everywere even in my underdaks. At least I looked like I earnt my dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    BTW ended up with stuff everywere even in my underdaks. At least I looked like I earnt my dosh.
    lol

"is that dirt in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"

I did a feral last week and looks like another one is headed my way... Hidden stuff (star post, sandstone blocks) blew away both cutting faces on a three-way blade by the end of the job.

So now that more Indys have been using these Aire Blades for a while, is the verdict all good, or is something else recommended now?

Cheers - GardenGuy

PS - Sorry for dredging up an old thread.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

in my experience if you can cut it with cord its almost always better to use it (diamond edge)
    if you are using a blade however i would rather break the blade than the gearbox

Very Helpful Member

have you looked at these i haven't used one but i remember someone had one and seem impressed with them http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRUSH-CUT...item3a72bfafe2
    there's also another type with a hinged type arrangement made by husquvarna? sorry can't remember where I've seen it will post a link later if i can
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Can't imagine thew chain would be much good.. we never liked the chain tractor slashers much in comparison to a bladeslasher: they tended to mangle rather than cut.

Horses for courses.
    I love the airecut for heavy material where you are absolutly sure there are no rocks to hit. I hit a steel post and knocked off one of the cutters, pretty expensive.
    The Weed Wakka is like a little swing blade on your brushie. tends to get bogged down in really heavy stuff however, but no probs if you hit something. Met the bloke who invented it last week, wanted a quote for his daughter's place

I generally do a couple rounds woth the diamond edge first and Identify all the posts and water meters, then change over to a blade.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast