Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmas - cards and thank you.

Default Xmas - cards and thank you.

This is of course my first xmas in this industry and I have chosen a few customers that at very least deserve a card and gift, with compliments of "Bobs Mowing".
    Does anyone else do this and what has been the feedback from doing so?

I'm posting this in the "open" forum so that others may follow your / our example of acting as a proffesional. Reply if you want to or hold your own party in the "secret garden".
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Default Re: Xmas - cards and thank you.

Mine get a Christmas card in which i thank them for there business throughout the year. Its usually me getting the presents from them which is nice.

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

This is my first real x mas running the biz and i am giving cards to all my reg's, i did some personalized ones on vista print
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Mine get a Christmas card in which i thank them for there business throughout the year. Its usually me getting the presents from them which is nice.
    +1 Scoob

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Those that a regulars i usally do something for the first year gave white boards with my advertising the next gave cards the last stubby holders havent really thought too much about this year.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    This is of course my first xmas in this industry and I have chosen a few customers that at very least deserve a card and gift, with compliments of "Bobs Mowing".
    Does anyone else do this and what has been the feedback from doing so?

I'm posting this in the "open" forum so that others may follow your / our example of acting as a proffesional. Reply if you want to or hold your own party in the "secret garden".
    I put my real thoughts in the "secret garden" but just tend to go with the verbal diarrhoea in the open!

We give cards to all our clients thanking them for the continued business over the last 12 months etc etc.

send out custom printed cards every year - find a nice template and print them on heavy, fancy paper

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    Aren't you eating enough fibre mate?

The first year I gave my good clients a card and the better one's a card and plant.

Don't really think there was much point and havent done anything for the last 5 years.

Last yr I purchased high quality non religious cards in the landscape format with blank internal messages.
    Did my own uncluttered but classy artwork and printed the inside of the xmas card in high quality format. Each card was individully address re name of business within.
    Had them done by the 1st week of Dec and mailed out the week before xmas.
    They took some time, but were very well recieved by all and including commercial. All commented on how nice it was, especially from the lonelier clients.
    Finding it hard to find the right card for this year, as they have to be in Landscape format to work in the printer.
    Will try a little harder next week to get them. You know I recieved some many gifts and $50 Myer vouchers it was kind of embrassing.
    Cheers Garry

Waste of time and money in my opinion. They all end up in the rubbish or in some of the areas I work in all over the street.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

I was thinking of doing cards this year. Just keeping it simple, handwritten (it's not like I have 50 to do) but also adding a note that if anyone wants extra work done prior to Christmas to book now. Kill two birds with the one stone - Christmas Greeting and possibly some extra work out of it.

Those of you that print your cards on home printers - what programs are you using? Can this be done in Word?

I give my better customers a bottle of red wine , the better ones a red and white, print up a label thanking them for there custom thr out the year and xmas wishes etc. wine is a tax deduction as it is advertize and promotion when it has my bussines name on the label.

I was thinking of doing cards this year. Just keeping it simple, handwritten (it's not like I have 50 to do) but also adding a note that if anyone wants extra work done prior to Christmas to book now. Kill two birds with the one stone - Christmas Greeting and possibly some extra work out of it.

x2 paulg .......... i also inform some of my clients { good regulars } that if santa is leaving special out door equipment to let me know = then i do my best to make sure the lawns in the last week leed up to x-mas is the best as possible for there kids and new equipment that santa left ...... most realy appriciate it ..

Paul,

Word can be used Ok, but I use Publisher.
    The trick is they must be perfect, my printer is of the highest photo quality printer. But any printer these days will do fine.
    U need to ensure there are no black marks printing on your cards when the thicker card paper goes through the rollers. This can happen when the thicker paper feeds through. So buy some extra cards for when that happens. If you decide to do this.

My personal message was written in a mixture of traditional xmas and normal font above and below this picture. Using a max of two colors and of course Thanking the clients for their business in the message in part of the contents. But keep it all simple and my thoughts are, don't over do the artwork and message.

Feel free to use the image, but up date the year as my clients will receive a new image this year.
    Cheers Garry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast