Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover 50 Pro Cut

Default Rover 50 Pro Cut

Had a look at the new Rovers during the week. The 50 Pro cut has the 910 Series Rover motor , has a blade brake & there is no throttle, revs a maintained by a govnenor. Has anyone had any experience with the new Rover motor & operating with no throttle. The motor & govenor are my main concerns.I would like to buy one but just not sure. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Rover 50 Pro Cut

Hi Bugga my local has one of these mowers he gave it a kick in the guts to show me to day , they the motor seems work well . I have the same mower but with a briggs motor on it and i love it , i want to get anther one but the lack of a throttle puts me of a little . The shop owner and mechanic said the rep come in the other day and told him they had a great product why did they go and stuff it up , the rep didnt like it . I think for my self the mower would be fine as i run mine flate out , but i had the missus out mowing with me the other day and she would only use mine on idle [ which isnt as low as say a Honda idle ] and sometimes on long straights she used it half throttle . So the new ones wouldnt be much use to her . cheers Scott

i use the throttle on my 560 as the only way to slow it down a bit (thanks Mrs HMS)

flat out its like a honda between 3rd and 2nd gear (too blurry fast IMO)

i miss the honda gear box, being able to creep around obstacles, or even go slow over a long patch.

cant have everything.

but no throttle? id say no.

thats just my opinion tho

Mongoose & Happymowing thanks for your input.I had been looking to get a new Rover either SP or push but I just am unsure of these latest models.

I have an early 560 SP with Briggs motor still runs OK but would like to get a new one.

Has anyone seen NEW Rover 50 or 560 SP with BRIGGS motor in Sydney or near country area for sale.

Thanks

get one quick mate, before they all have the dead mans handle.

i didnt NEED a new mower, but i didnt want the dm handle, so i coughed up.

theyre a nice mower - NEVER had the chute block up, and packs that catcher SO tight. even when wet or long etc

perfect would be carrying the honda and the 560; but i cbf.

its definately HEAPS more powerful than the honda.

often i dont even run it at full revs ( and using the throttle to slow down the pace etc)

good luck

I have a Pro cut 50 with Briggs, and if you hunt around, there are still some about with Briggs. There was some on Ebay last week from a dealer in Sydney (Sp's)
    My dealer in Melbourne still has some SPs in both sizes, but I purchased his last 20inch pushie. He still had a 20 inch Sp with 750 series on it last time I was there too.
    From what I saw on the website, the briggs engine was still an option in the Intek range. They are in the process of updating their website now though, but my dealer told me that Intek would still be an option. I do love the 850 series though.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Good on ya Stump. I rang quite a few local dealers today without any luck. Will keep an eye on E Bay & see if any more show up. In the meantime I am still on the lookout if anyone spots one in Sydney or country areas.

Thanks

Bugga,

Try Eric at Macarthur Mowers at Camden 46558858

Cheers David

David thanks for the info will give em a try tomorrow

Hi Bugga, Mate any Luck finding a dealer in Sydney for the Rover pushie with B&S engine, ? Thanks John

Grasshoppur still on the lookout for a new 560 with briggs. Managed to pickup an early 560 with Honda 195 motor, instead of blade carrier it has a single bar.Just needs a good service & tidy up. All in all a good old goer.