Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of Lawn Runs

Default Value of Lawn Runs

Hi all, new to the forum, been in the job for a few years now. I have a question that you guys may be able to help with.

I have been wondering for a while now but never had a defininative answer, so what better place to pose this question.

Does a lawn run with a lot of customers close together increase the value of the run. I work in a small holiday destination village with only a few streets.
    I park the ute do five or six lawns then move a hundred yards up the street do another five or six and so on. This goes on week after week for nearly 60 lawns in two streets. An extremely tight run.

Thanks in advance for your opinions

Cheers Steve

Default Re: Value of Lawn Runs

Absolutely. Most of us spend years trying to get waht you have. Very good value in that.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

What Bluey said!
    Unfortunately there are some who believe their business is worthless.
    Sounds like you've got a great setup that would be easy to sell, provided that the jobs are priced right.
    Unfortunately, when business'es are advertised on here & u divide the client base into the total income, alot of them dont stack up too well IMHO.
    Cheers Fred.

u divide the client base into the total income, alot of them dont stack up too well IMHO.

Hi Fred,

Not 2 sure what this actually means in real terms, can U please expand on this for me.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Antic View Post
    u divide the client base into the total income, alot of them dont stack up too well IMHO.

Hi Fred,

Not 2 sure what this actually means in real terms, can U please expand on this for me.
    If u divide the total client number into the total income, u will get the average cut price.
    The variable is the frequency of the cut.
    Cheers Fred.

It is easy Antic. If you have 100 clients ann the total income per week is $1000 then it is $10 per client. Now things will vary with frequency of mows and value of each client but what Fred is saying is many businesses up for sale are not a good value buy. They may be better selling the clients and gear seperaretly
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

OK,thanks for that.

Ok,in my case if you divide the 59 clients by the cut value it works out to be a few cents under $35.00 a cut, considering some are $70.00 down to a few at the $25.00 to $35.00 range.

Mostly all easy cuts with a few big flat lawns.

Would you guys say this is the average type run, although I only move the ute a half dozen times to get the lot.

What is the frequency of the cut for the majority
    Cheers

Bluey

There are alot of variables to consider. I could have a hundred $20 doormat sized terrace house lawns, side by side,and if you looked at it using that formula, you wouldn't bother. I would not purchase a run without working every job and seeing for myself if there is value or not.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antic View Post
    OK,thanks for that.

Ok,in my case if you divide the 59 clients by the cut value it works out to be a few cents under $35.00 a cut, considering some are $70.00 down to a few at the $25.00 to $35.00 range.

Mostly all easy cuts with a few big flat lawns.

Would you guys say this is the average type run, although I only move the ute a half dozen times to get the lot.
    Ask anyone on here and I think most would say" give me that average type run" anyday.

If I was to buy a run, I would be looking more at travel times, and dollars per minute (on job), quality of clients etc.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    What is the frequency of the cut for the majority
    Hi Bluey,
    We get nearly 2 meters of rain each year so once a fortnight for about 8 months is a minimum....

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    There are alot of variables to consider. I could have a hundred $20 doormat sized terrace house lawns, side by side,and if you looked at it using that formula, you wouldn't bother. I would not purchase a run without working every job and seeing for myself if there is value or not.
    True, but u can get a reasonable picture from most figures as to wether its worth any further inquiries.
    If the seller any nouse, using your example, he would surely point that out.
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    If I was to buy a run, I would be looking more at travel times, and dollars per minute (on job), quality of clients etc.
    Yep so would I! But before I did that I would ask the questions Fred suggested, with quite a few more before I went out and checked them on the run!

All customers you have had for 3+ years?, lots of things come into consideration ..and having so many in such a small area could mean your their 'favourable' if be it 'only' lawn guy that does it well and/or slightly cheaper. Your talking about valued runs - selling and replacing yourself could be a hit or miss.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast