Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Public apology!

Thumbs down Public apology!

Jim's mowing would like to apologise to clients we could not service in many areas.we are endeavouring to place franchises in your area in order to service your lawn and gardening needs.we apologise for any inconvenience caused. This was an ad in the Sydney telegraph newspaper! What's this about?

Default Re: Public apology!

Just another tactical way of them trying to corner the market, drum-up more and/or new business from customers or potential franchisees at the busiest time of the year.

I'd say don't even mention their name here as it will show up in search results and all just amounts to more publicity/advertising for them, in competition to us.

surely there not that busy?? i honestly didnt think alot of ppl used them?? i have spoken with a few of them and they all say there not busy

Well,it must be great to be "not that busy" and pay Franchise Fees as well.

In my experience they seem to be a bit on the expensive side as well.......

Being a totally honest person myself......if someone was to ask me about work I always say I am "not to busy"......But no Franchise Fees.....hehehe....go figure....
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

They troddle that one out every now and then for all there services not just lawns, good way to drum up new suckers to pay there overpriced fees.

i quoted against one the other day,

brushcut job from hell;

i thought the $265 that i quoted was steep (goat country/chest high grass; didnt want to win it unless it was worth it), but the lady told me that the you-know-who quoted her $400

the lady and her bro are gonna HIRE a whippy each;

i asked whats that cost and she proudly told me, only $30 each; and they give you FREE petrol and string.

lol, good luck to her - shoulda asked could i come by with a few beers and watch them, lol

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    i quoted against one the other day,

brushcut job from hell;

i thought the $265 that i quoted was steep (goat country/chest high grass; didnt want to win it unless it was worth it), but the lady told me that the you-know-who quoted her $400

the lady and her bro are gonna HIRE a whippy each;

i asked whats that cost and she proudly told me, only $30 each; and they give you FREE petrol and string.

lol, good luck to her - shoulda asked could i come by with a few beers and watch them, lol
    and they will probably stop after 10 minutes and call you back. its in all our interests to charge properly. they (jimbos) are helping you to make more! As a result you can charge more and you are not restricted by what area you advertise in. ... Scooby you pobably pay more in advertising than what a jimbo pays in fees lol! You can laugh at us, but there are quite a few jimbos turning well over a million bucks a year (not me i might add!).

That ad you saw in the paper would just be fishing for new franchisees, from what i have heard from other jimbos work, particulary in the west is a bit thin at the moment. The best spot is Brisbane.

Jayk
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

I think jimbos should get the fark off this form with smart ass comments like that u workin for tha man we work for ourselfs and provide better service are bussiness name is what we live bye we chose it we got it made and we didnt bye it.. a hear story after story of jimies **** work....You all good mower rob....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    I think jimbos should get the fark off this form with smart ass comments like that u workin for tha man we work for ourselfs and provide better service are bussiness name is what we live bye we chose it we got it made and we didnt bye it.. a hear story after story of jimies **** work....You all good mower rob....
    How was i being a smart (ass is actualy spelt arse lol!) arse?, If you want to stay in the game you have to do a good job. Are you smoking your own product mate?
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    +1
    I pay 270 a month advertisement but that generates a nice income
    $400 a month franchisee fee how does that generate income?? You basically working 2 days for free, plus u get into trouble for knocking back work, not only do you deal with customers u deal with jimmy breathing down your neck bugger that I work for myself and for instance today I finish at 12 because I could haha try jimmy he won't let you!!!!!!

Don't be a pussy work for yourself hahaha

Over a million a year mowing lawns. Yep don't believe everthing people tell you and don't believe everthing you read on this forum.

That's alot of mowing lol. That's like 20 lawns a day lol

Yah mate just rolled up five tins of toyees new now Iam trying to blaze it up....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    How was i being a smart (ass is actualy spelt arse lol!) arse?, If you want to stay in the game you have to do a good job. Are you smoking your own product mate?
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

63impala, your comments are colourful on one hand but totally uncalled for in this instance I feel....

Would most here buy a Franchise Operation, probably not. I looked into it many years ago and thought it was a great idea, the only thing that stopped me was the monthly payments.

I agree with Jayk, there are many,many sucessfull Franchise lawnies out there. by the most part they do a good job as well , however I was not going to take that risk.

At the time I was inquiring they wanted XX Dollars up front the XX Dollars each month, for that I got a guranteed income for a while, but I had to mow lawns for free to entice folks into regular mows, don't know if it has changed, this was about 10 years agao.

Yes, they do quote a bit high sometimes, but it helps to get into the customers head that this is not easy work and maybe, just maybe it may work to help us independants to get a tad more for our work.

Having said that, I quote to win the job not make a fortune every day, I have the belief that I would rather be busy, do a proffessional and tidy job on regular work at a reasonable price rather than the customer looking around thinking he may be paying a bit over the odds.

Buy, hey, that's just me
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

Impalas alright. my bro had 2 rounds, i saw he was doing alright so i bought one of them. you are correct that once you get going and start getting most of your work from referals that being a jimbo does feel a little bit redundant. as a jimbo you can stop work at any time during the day. it is still your own business. you just have to pay your fees each month. the jimbos making that much have multiple trailers on the road. I always (in my opinion of course) charge a fair price. i do not , and will not rip anyone off. i have my hourly rate in my head and i try and stick to it, and its not about how many lawns you do in a day, but how much revenue you make each day. there are heaps of indies in my area and i get on realy well with all but 2, and i cannot see that i have done anything wrong other than be a jimbo! A client that is a good client is not going to be swayed wether you are a jimbo, or anything else. all they want is a top job done at a fair price. people who price shop can get stuffed. i dont want them. haaa!

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast