Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Public apology!

Default Re: Public apology!

I used to have a VIP franchise the only good thing that came out of it for me was I learned how to do it and how to run it as a business. I didn't make much money, Couldn't canvas outside my area (that kept getting smaller), had to go to silly meetings, and even though I doubled my customers in 3 years I lost when I sold.. It was an expensive exersize for me but Im not complaining cz making good money out of it now Im an indi...

Sorry Joane we can move on now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Over a million a year mowing lawns. Yep don't believe everthing people tell you and don't believe everthing you read on this forum.
    At $60 a job

10 lawns a day is $600

5 days a week is $3,000

46 weeks a year (2 wks for sick, 4 wks for hols) is $ 138,000

so they have 7 trailers on the road,

no wait, they have 2 guys in each trailer, can do 20 lawns a day.

thats still 3 or 4 PAIRS of guys, in 4 trailers full of gear.

still dont add up for me.

1,000,000 turnover? you gotta be dreaming

Yah mate 2 guys can do 20 lawns a day eazy but that man $60 dolla lawn you would be sellin crack on the side to substatute them lawns....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

They must be small lawns by Toowoomba standards. I'm doing well if I get through 5 or 6 lawns a day here and I ain't no Tortoise. That's why I love gardening. Can spend a whole day on one job and earn up to three or four times what I can from mowing.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    he we go again jimmie bashing...FFS get a life and realise that jimmies help our game ....we had one jimmie on here that got 600 a day then surfen ....some of you laughed at him but by christ woke a few of you up and now that 600 is a standard to achieve and probably more now .... yep am p1ssed off but these jimmies are the same as us just get along at stop BAGGING
    Doesn't often say much but when he does it is wise to listen!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    They must be small lawns by Toowoomba standards. I'm doing well if I get through 5 or 6 lawns a day here and I ain't no Tortoise. That's why I love gardening. Can spend a whole day on one job and earn up to three or four times what I can from mowing.
    This is the difference,I'm not saying you can turnover a Mill a year but the gardening side of things really ups the income if you charge it out right.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    At $60 a job

10 lawns a day is $600

5 days a week is $3,000

46 weeks a year (2 wks for sick, 4 wks for hols) is $ 138,000

so they have 7 trailers on the road,

no wait, they have 2 guys in each trailer, can do 20 lawns a day.

thats still 3 or 4 PAIRS of guys, in 4 trailers full of gear.

still dont add up for me.

1,000,000 turnover? you gotta be dreaming
    You are limiting yourself happy,... maybe that domestic ride on ya have lol! 2 up, 5 trailers and $800/day over 5 days. Not everyone needs or wants to aim for it,.. but it can be done and is being done. ... not just by jimbos, plenty of indies too.
    I like to look at things with the 'glass half full' !, not half empty.
    Impala, prob best ya dont get involved in this one bud, the maths would be a little hard for you to work out lol! ... best ya go back to ya glass pipe, or that girlfriend that you said keeps sending me those wacky pm's!
    I'm not doing those figures, but it can be done... be positive..... This is a hard job, and we all deserve to be compensated for it!
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    I'm not saying you can turnover a Mill a year
    If I grossed $40 - $50K this current financial year I'd be satisfied after the crap that's gone on here this year restricting me to mainly part time work.

The way the good Jim's operators make their money is selling splits.......so they tell me.

guys after all this talk of money i have been going on since august now, just wanted to see if im going ok?? im sitting on Nothing less than 200 a day, Im a single operator, and its about 5 lawns a day then im Knackered, Not little lawns mainly $45 - $50 lawns and saturdays i normally do the big stuff i.e a $200 lawn on a saturday because i need to spend xtra time on them,
    i seem to be happy at the momment, but iam worried about winter, i have done everything possible to get more customers, letter box drops, gumtree add, local paper, and flyers in local shops......
    i have made my fair share of bad quotes, where i have left there knowing i havent got the job because i quoted too much. BUT iam learning, getting there, just need a thumbs up

oops sorry posted in the wrong place, cant edit it sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
    The way the good Jim's operators make their money is selling splits.......so they tell me.
    In the old days it was Phil. to sell a split you need to have at least 2000 households, and now that so many have sold its hard to do it unless you say sell 1000 from your territory and add another outlying territory to it. a split will sell for upwards of 20k, but it is unwise to include all ur pitas as the franchisor will hold on to your coin for a month or two to make sure the new zee does not loose to many clients (other wise the franchisor will be up for wag). The franchisor also keeps 20% i think of the sale price. .. for me ..unless i was looking at getting out i will never sell a split. long term gain is far better than short term gain in my opionion. my territory has about 3800 in it.
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    oops sorry posted in the wrong place, cant edit it sorry guys
    Hey greenie, from what i here alot of jimbos in the west are doing it tough too. Having said that you will always find clients that are willing to pay you a fair price for the work you do. if you think about it there are probably backyarders doing stuff in your territory for $20/hr, but that is with crap equipment. if you use your sp on it you can do it in half the time so there is $40 per hour. if they use hand shears for hedging, you could have a top notch petrol one and do it 3 times more quickly ... there is $60 /hr. on top of that you actualy give a crap about what the job looks like when you are done ... that has to be worth some more too. if you get some good clients, referals will surely follow. if you have just started out i guess you have to have some pitas, but as time passes keep trying to replace them. Maybe aim for $250/day hit that and aim for $300/day. You just have to stay positive, even when stuff seems impossible!

Dont have to sell territory Jayk, i try to sell between 30 and 40 clients every 18mths that way u get all the cash as zors only get commish on territory sale.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast