Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ztr Blades

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Ztr Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    This is a Toro we're talking about isnt it? Anyway, dont they have the moveable baffle? If so, you could try opening that up for better flow. Open for long grass (chops it less but gets grass out) and closed for nicer lawns.
    Mines a dixon been too busy to try and do anything with blades.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I completely removed the adjustable baffle and I never bothered putting it back in. It's a load of 5h!t if you ask me, especially for tropical conditions. What I do is mow at the desired height then put the blades up a bit, run over it again and blow the lawn if need be to make it neat. John Deere mulch on demand might be a good thing but I don't know how it would handle feral lawns.

This is a Toro we're talking about isnt it? Anyway, dont they have the moveable baffle? If so, you could try opening that up for better flow. Open for long grass (chops it less but gets grass out) and closed for nicer lawns.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I haven't read all the posts but you can get mow hawking from going over uncut grass that has clippings from previous runs.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    I completely removed the adjustable baffle and I never bothered putting it back in. It's a load of 5h!t if you ask me, especially for tropical conditions. What I do is mow at the desired height then put the blades up a bit, run over it again and blow the lawn if need be to make it neat. John Deere mulch on demand might be a good thing but I don't know how it would handle feral lawns.
    Cool! Thats kind of my point though regarding getting the clippings out of the deck. I lowered the blades in my last SZ like you did so the blades were just below the leading edge. It helped a lot and could be something relatively easy for Tender to try. A couple of good washers would do it but the longer bolt may be harder to find.
    Lowering the blades also makes the deck deeper. With good, sharp med/high lift blades, I think is a good place to start.

Hey Tender, does this mainly happen in bahia or wire grass? That stuffs a nightmare to cut nicely in one pass.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Cool! Thats kind of my point though regarding getting the clippings out of the deck. I lowered the blades in my last SZ like you did so the blades were just below the leading edge. It helped a lot and could be something relatively easy for Tender to try. A couple of good washers would do it but the longer bolt may be harder to find.
    Lowering the blades also makes the deck deeper. With good, sharp med/high lift blades, I think is a good place to start.

Hey Tender, does this mainly happen in bahia or wire grass? That stuffs a nightmare to cut nicely in one pass.
    Usally in bindies and Im not sure what the grass is called but its like nut grass but taller and thicker. Its the rubbish grasses in the lawns that arnt looked after never a problem on the good regular cut yards.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Rat tail grass ? That crap is everywhere up here. Brachiari (don't know how it's spelt) is hard to cut as well especially when it gets old and woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    Usally in bindies and Im not sure what the grass is called but its like nut grass but taller and thicker. Its the rubbish grasses in the lawns that arnt looked after never a problem on the good regular cut yards.

Thought you guys might like this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12