Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parklander zero turn mowers?

Default Parklander zero turn mowers?

Anyone tried a Parklander brand zero turn mower at all? What is the word on the street, are they junk or half decent?

Peter

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Parklander zero turn mowers?

Ive never heard of them got a link
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZERO-TURN...item3f0d3638ef

Got the big deck, 3400 hydros and big kawasaki engine commercial I think too.

Very Helpful Member

don't know the mowers but parland are the distributors of tanaka amongst other brands http://parklands.net/
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

27Hp Kawa, 60 Inches of fabricated deck..That`s a lot of ztr for the money
    I know that the parklander ride on`s are only domestic use, but that ztr looks commercial
    defenatly worth a look..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Made in China! Ive seen one up close and it didnt look to bad, but just the fact its made in China would be enough to put me off.
    I think the major components like hydro, engine etc are ok if there not copies but its the other things like welds, spindles and housings, the metal itself would be something to worry about.

I think that as long as the main components are good like the engine, pumps and motors. Smaller items like the spindles, bearings, wheels and steel can be fixed or replaced if they fail later on. Steel you can weld easy, bearings you can get down the road etc. It might be a good starter machine though hey.

All those small things that can be repaired means down time and unreliability. I sure as hell wouldnt want to be in the middle of a paddock and the frame cracks or deck drops to the ground.
    Buying a cheap, made in China chain saw is one thing, this is something else completely. Sooo many things that can go wrong.
    I would rather buy a smaller USA made ztr than a large Chinese machine.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents take it or leave it.

unless you got good welding skills and knowledge, welding cheap steel can be a pain in the arse. I can dial in a stick welder pretty good and i could,nt strike a decent weld on some chinese bike frames. High carbon steel that rusts while you are looking at it.

I'm no experts when it comes to Z's but if I were on a budget I'd be having a good hard look at the Bad Boy range.
    A friend up in Hervey Bay bought one about 12 mths ago,he has 40 acres,8-10 of which has to be mowed. Talking to him recently he said the thing is bullet proof everything has been over engineered and his is a resi model from memory. 48inch deck/26HP Briggs,I think he paid high 6's for it. Whilst he is only using it for his own place,I value his opinion as he is someone who has a bit of engineering/mechanical nouse.
    Others on here may know more about them.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    I'm no experts when it comes to Z's but if I were on a budget I'd be having a good hard look at the Bad Boy range.
    A friend up in Hervey Bay bought one about 12 mths ago,he has 40 acres,8-10 of which has to be mowed. Talking to him recently he said the thing is bullet proof everything has been over engineered and his is a resi model from memory. 48inch deck/26HP Briggs,I think he paid high 6's for it. Whilst he is only using it for his own place,I value his opinion as he is someone who has a bit of engineering/mechanical nouse.
    Others on here may know more about them.
    Thats the general opinion and is often right. Looked at getting one from the states but until recently they still had some welding type issues. If there is parts and service in Aust and the jobs come along for it and the price is right I will still have a good hard long look at Bad Boys.

The Parklander ZTR is the same machine as the Rover ZTR that they used to have, but don't do any more. The local gun club has a Rover 52 inch ZTR, they have had it for about 3 years and they are happy with it. It's a very close copy of a Toro. I've had a close look at them and they seem pretty good, the frame is strong and reinforced where it needs to be. They have Kawasaki engines and Hydro gear pumps. Probably not a bad buy in all honesty. Just a few little things like paint etc needs improving but my New Holland's paint is crap and was flaking off on the show room floor.

This negative stigma that people have about stuff that's made in China will disappear within the next 10 years. Japanese stuff back in the 60's and early 70's was known as Jap Crap but look at it now, it's the best gear that money can buy.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Very Helpful Member

as for Quality you can never be sure i'm currently running at 2 out of 8 Honda mowers that haven't been in for warranty repairs the 1st and the 2nd last one are the only ones that haven't been and the 2nd last one is only 6months old (2/195,1/196 and 2/197)the last one was actually a casting fualt with the engine and it bogged down and stop with long grass they had to rebuild part of the engine gives me a bit of a laugh when i look down and see the quality control sticker on the machine
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Im in to giving new things a try. My only question is how long to get parts. So far living in tasmania, l tried john deree, toro, country clipper, walker and even a MTD (crap by the way) and john deree been the best for parts. Some of them have taken 2-3 weeks just for a spindle.

Im interested in the parkland, if l can find a dealer down here and how long for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Made in China! Ive seen one up close and it didnt look to bad, but just the fact its made in China would be enough to put me off.
    I think the major components like hydro, engine etc are ok if there not copies but its the other things like welds, spindles and housings, the metal itself would be something to worry about.
    According to the Parklander website they are the Wordlawn mowers from Nebraska USA, http://www.worldlawnpowerequipment.com/ They look like excellent value, I just downloaded a manual, and going by the pictures in the blade changing section, they seem to have a pretty open deck design that wouldn't clog too badly in wet grass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast