Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bank Accounts + Phone Accounts......

Default Re: Bank Accounts + Phone Accounts......

iPhone for me,have had one since not long after starting in this game and it's still going strong. Easy to use,the charger/sync cable is USB so you only need a cig lighter adapter in your vehicle.
    Most people I know that have had Android phones have ended up with iPhones eventually.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

If you are considering a iPhone,please have a look at the Samsung Galaxy S2,It's got a much bigger screen, it's an Android phone so you can get heaps of apps,it's a little faster and a great choice.

I got a Screen Cover and a heavy duty case for mine, I just love it........lol

Don't get me wrong the iPhone 4S is a great unit, but not at the cutting edge any more....

I downloaded the Police Scanner the other day and now I listen to it whilst driving around...great fun too...
    But,yes, these phones are big units and they will be on the charger every second night....but who cares.......

I am now in the habbit of leaving mine in the ute and check it for missed calls/messages every time I get back....
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

we've had the iphone 4 then 4s (same software by the way). I just got an HTC Incredible S. Cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy and just as good. I like that the memory is a removable (and upgradeable) SD card so you won't lose your contacts, pics etc if the phone dies. Android has heaps more apps than iphone AND I'm not tied to itunes.

Has Sat Nav with voice directions like a regular GPS unit. Having used both the iphones, I actually prefer the HTC.
    ~ Joanne ~

Yes, these new phones are just great, there more like a Tablet PC really.

The only thing they won't do is make you a cuppa coffee......damm......

Isn't it funny how the best phone used to be the smallest. Now it is the one with the most apps and whiz bangs that cost you a small fotune. I just want a bloody phone that hold up to wear and tear.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Isn't it funny how the best phone used to be the smallest. Now it is the one with the most apps and whiz bangs that cost you a small fotune. I just want a bloody phone that hold up to wear and tear.
    Me too bluey but there hard to find
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    we've had the iphone 4 then 4s (same software by the way). I just got an HTC Incredible S. Cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy and just as good. I like that the memory is a removable (and upgradeable) SD card so you won't lose your contacts, pics etc if the phone dies. Android has heaps more apps than iphone AND I'm not tied to itunes.

Has Sat Nav with voice directions like a regular GPS unit. Having used both the iphones, I actually prefer the HTC.
    Now I'm confused!

I bought a Telstra Prepaid phone, took my sim out of my post paid phone and use it everyday. It's a Samsung S5511T, it does everything I want, needs charging once a week, I have a Gforce universal leather cover with magnetic flap which keeps it safe. I have had it for 12 months so far and never have a problem. If I want to check the weather I get up early and check it before I leave home. I can check my bank balance and transfer money if I want but stuff me I do it at home in comfort or go to the bank. The rest of stuff is just S##t really. What did we used to do before mobile phones????
    Ask a kid how to add up and multiply they say hang on I have to get my phone out. Technology sucks big time, but yes we do have to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antic View Post
    If you are considering a iPhone,please have a look at the Samsung Galaxy S2,It's got a much bigger screen, it's an Android phone so you can get heaps of apps,it's a little faster and a great choice.

I got a Screen Cover and a heavy duty case for mine, I just love it........lol

Don't get me wrong the iPhone 4S is a great unit, but not at the cutting edge any more....

I downloaded the Police Scanner the other day and now I listen to it whilst driving around...great fun too...
    But,yes, these phones are big units and they will be on the charger every second night....but who cares.......

I am now in the habbit of leaving mine in the ute and check it for missed calls/messages every time I get back....

I have mixed feelings about my Samsung.

Can you post a pic or a link for teh cover you have though - I need something like that.

And what's the name of the scanner app?

Mine goes on the charger every night.... I tried the much touted "Juice Defender" app for battery life and it didn't seem to benefit at all.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I use a personal account and don't except cheques anymore. There is no need these days.

Paul is right Vodafone are crap. I'm with 3 which has been bought out by vodafone, ever since my bills have sky rocketed. Same thing happened with my first mobile when the company was taken over by vodafone. I'm now in the process of changing to optus but will be sticking to my tradie phone its the only one that hasn't ended up stuffed after a couple of months.

Paul,
    I am with Telstra and I went into my local Telstra shop, they have the heavy duty covers in stock.I also got a protector shield, this is a piece of clear plastic that they stick onto the face of your phone to protect it from scratches ect....you can't even see it at all.

As far as the Polce Scanner goes I have an icon on my phone called "market" this gives me access to the Android app store.
    From here just type in police scanner or whatever you want and it will list all the apps, I pick a "free" one it will download and install automatically,then just click on the icon once installed and you will pick your area and bingo you can listen to all the chatter on the polce radio.

My area is Coffs Harbour,Port Maquarie area command in Northern NSW, but yours will be different.

Anyone have a Nokia N9, ive heard they are really good? always used nokia as they have proven to be reliable and last the two year contract period with no major dramas. Friends have had sony, samsung, iphones and they all freeze up or fall apart after 6 months. Even dropped my old nokia e72 into the murray and after a day drying out worked like a charm!
    Independent and i know it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12