Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRIDAY THE 13th

Default FRIDAY THE 13th

I wish I had of taken the day off, Slept in so I was 20 mins late and rushing around to my first job, a doctors surgery that has to be done early . I was doing a small hedge one that I stand on a small brick fence to get to not high the fence wouldn't be a metre high and easy to stand on. I leaned forward to get a bit I had missed and bang It felt like I had been electricuted down my left leg I nearly fell into the hedge. I got down and the pain was so bad I nearly spewed. Got to the ute and had trouble getting home as each time I pushed the clutch in nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Got home and then the wife drove me to the doctors he sent me for an ultrasound which has confirmed a badly torn hamstring, so I'm stuffed now got to much work on don't know how long I will be out, this could end my business , at the moment I can hardly walk

Just spoke on the phone to the doctor I have to see an orthopedic surgeon it may need repairing if that is the case I may have to sell the business who is going to wait 12 weeks for me at this time of year I wish I had stayed in bed today

Default Re: FRIDAY THE 13th

Here's where indi members may help. Perhaps if you ring Dean he may direct you to contact details of members in your area. Some of these may be thrilled to take on a little extra work to keep the clients serviced for you while out of action. This results in win-win for you, other members and the clients.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

That is really rotten luck. It's odd for a hamstring to go like that too when you're not running or really straining it. All the best for the speediest possible recovery. If I lived closer I'd offer to help you out.

NLALM that is not good news at all.I have had some larger ongoing cleanup jobs that were completed just before Xmas, these are now fortnightly regulars.I was going to start advertising again next week, if it hepls out to retain your business at this stage I can offer you one day a week until you are able to get back on the road. I know it is a busy time of the year for everyone as Glassngrass has already said is there any other Indies in the area who can spare some time.

Member of forum only grasshopping's Avatar

Not a good thing to happen in the middle of summer. What bad luck. We might be a bit far away to help but there should be some indies on the central coast. hope it feels better soon.

Kathryn
    Grasshopper Mowing Services

likewise, wish i was able to help ya.

hope ya work it out

Find a new low baller start up and sub out the work.

Just an update on the situation seen the doctor this morning 4cm tear got to see the surgeon on Wednesday morning. I feel it is not bad enough to operate on but will have to see. And the phone has been ringing off the hook for people wanting jobs done. A mate has offered to help out so should be able to cover it for a couple of weeks

Hows things NLALM?????
    Cheers Fred.

When I broke my hand I got a backpacker to work for me. I couldn't work for 8 weeks. Had to follow him round and make sure the work was done to a high standard, but cost very little. Didn't lose any clients and got to read a few books.

Hamstring is still a little sore. Problem is it was my left side my left hip is stuffed, I have been in chronic pain for weeks, had a cortisone injection in the joint last week which has helped a bit, I think I am sore from the needle. If it doesen't improve I will have to look at giving the mowing away I am not ready for a hip replacement just yet, they say you only get about 15 years out of one Im scared. I feel like a bloody hypercondriac I always seem to have a problem . Have any of you guys had any experience with hip surgery I have heard good and bad things. I don't know what to do I am in pain 24hrs a day, it wakes me every night then I can't get back to sleep. All this when the business is going better than it ever has I have knocked back that much work it's not funny. Last week was asked to take on a big one $700 dollar cut had to say no even though I would of done most of it on the walker, I was thinking of the hip.

Before you consider surgery, try and find a good chiropractor. It is not uncommon to throw your lower back out (which refers pain to your hip) when you've injured your leg and have to walk funny because of it. A good chiropractor is worth their weight in gold...if you don't know one I can ask my Chiro if he knows a good one in Newcastle (my Chiro's grandparents were the first Chiro's in Australia and his dad started the first Australian school of Chiropractic so he knows pretty much everyone).
    ~ Joanne ~

I feel 4 ya NLALM.
    This sorta thing must be a worry 4 us all, & your livng it.
    Im not doing it particuarly hard but, Ive had a bad groin for over a year now & u wreckon Im gunna see the doc.
    Oh, u'll be needing an op for that.
    Scares the crap out of me!
    At least I have an employee, can u get someone to help out?
    How bad is it?, r u able to work at all?
    Hope things improve quickly!
    Cheers Fred.

now freddy u sure the groin is work related lol

Unfortunately................yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast