Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

Default How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

I am still deciding on what brushcutter to get. I am now looking back into the Honda 4 strokes. How powerful are the really?

Is the biggest one 31cc? Will this smash through tall grass easily?

How would this be compared to say a shindiawa 230, 260 or 270 for example?

Default Re: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

I have the 35 Honda and its very good.no complaints here . I havent had it through really thick long grass tho.

Default Re: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

31cc would be powerful enough for long grass, but not ideal. IMO a whippy of about 25-27 cc is what you need for edging etc, and 34 and upwards is great for the long stuff. My Stihl 4 mix FS90 is a compromise between the two, but not really ideal
    for either. Gets the job done though, and is reliable.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Stihl 130 ideal for long grass but its heavy shindi make a some good stuff too t270 has plenty of grunt so does the next cc up which is 30 something from memory.
    I wouldn't go the Honda myself (i have one but its not used much) its ok at it but not the best go the 2/s the higher revs suit slashing long grass much better (this is just my opinion try some for yourself if u can on the jobs your going to take on, beg or borrow from a fellow Indi if u can before purchase).

Member of forum only grasshopping's Avatar

We have a stihl 130 bullhandle which we use for slashing. The honda 35 is great for normal edging and slashing jobs but is very heavy. I prefer to use our stihl 55 as it is very light weight. We are hoping to get the lighter weight honda 25 soon.

Kathryn
    Grasshopper Mowing Services

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    I am still deciding on what brushcutter to get. I am now looking back into the Honda 4 strokes. How powerful are the really?

Is the biggest one 31cc? Will this smash through tall grass easily?

How would this be compared to say a shindiawa 230, 260 or 270 for example?
    what will you mainly be using it for? edges etc or slashing long grass mainly? coz that will pretty much tell you what power/size you need

Well I got a new snipper today. It is an efco 30cc with the bull handles. http://www.poweruplawncare.com.au/efco/ds3200T.html

Model Efco DS3200T Brushcutter

Let us know how it goes. I've been keen on the Efco gear for a while.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

i have three hondas and I used to have a old sthil and the hondas have more guts than the sthil and more guts than dads homlite
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Lol tenda love you funny a 4 stroke having more power than a 2 stroke no way bro....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Lol tenda love you funny a 4 stroke having more power than a 2 stroke no way bro....
    but they do you just have to compare the right ones ie:UMK435 compared to stilh FS55
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    sorry to offend you and your preciouse sthils impala but the hondas i have have way more power than the sthil which i through in the dump six months ago ever did.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

U guys are comparing 2 different types of motors 2 stroke vs 4 stroke, 2 different power bands,

True man but u crazy throwing name brand tools a way in the first place.... All ways have some sort of spares on it it that can be used on other machines....

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    sorry to offend you and your preciouse sthils impala but the hondas i have have way more power than the sthil which i through in the dump six months ago ever did.
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

I have a 25 cc 4 stroke Makita which I use for domestic maintenance trimming and a cheap arse Pope 33cc which I use for the feral stuff. I know some of you guys will laugh at the el cheapo Pope but it's great so . I would recommend that you have a light 4 stroke for the tame stuff and a "Big Block" 2 stroke for the feral stuff, something that you can put a brush cutter disc on. That's my 2 bob worth anyway.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast