Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

Default Re: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

Yeah strange that. Must be tuning or something. The stihl has a lot more balls for the heavy stuff and feels quite a bit heavier. I have the same heads on both. If I need to do a lot of trimming under trees etc I use the bushranger.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Default Re: How powerful are the Honda 4 stroke brushcutters? Compared to a 2 stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    And thats what I dont understand with some of you guys. If your going to use a harness, you may as well get the most powerful brushcutter you can get. 48cc is way more powerful than a 30odd cc. I just dont get it!

And Wombat, I have the same one. Ive had it for probably 10yrs and it still goes great although only gets used a few times a year now. I use the Tanaka back pack 40cc trimmer a few times a week.
    Look into a Oleomac harness! So much better than the one that comes with the Kawi. It spreads the weight over the shoulders and hips, really well padded, has a plastic part that goes up your back and helps with posture, almost like a back brace. Trust me, its worth the investment! http://www.oleomac.cl/Livello.jsp?id...ttoFamiglia=95
    I can agree with that
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Asking a group of lawnies which is the best whippy is like trying to find a pair of boots that will fit everyone....everyone has an opinion and everyone has a favourite. There is some good info on this thread so use it and experiment and use what works for you.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Loop handle or bull horns ?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I have the Kawa 43cc on a Shingu brushcutter and I just love the power of it. But the best thing about it is the ease of starting. Just a bit of a pull through one compression stroke and it's purring, every time.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Bull Horns gcsmow.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    Loop handle or bull horns ?

Oh OK. Personally I don't like bull horns, I have tried to use them but they slow me down too much, so I don't bother any more. But if they work for you that's great.

Bull Horns gcsmow.

I'm not sure, but can you get a 40+cc brushcutter with a loop handle that can legally have a blade attached? (other than a backpack)

When we were shopping around the most powerful loop handle we could find was the Stihl fs130 @ 36.3cc so be interesting to know if there are any more powerful loop handles out there. Im assuming once they start getting bigger / heavier they need bull bars and harness

tanaka have a 40cc Whippy

yeh saw that but the trusty Stihl makes 1.9 hp compared to the tanaka's 1.7

What do you mean Legally ? Illegal is just a sick bird.

I'm not sure, but can you get a 40+cc brushcutter with a loop handle that can legally have a blade attached? (other than a backpack)

Does anyone know what the difference is between the UMK 425 and the UMK 425U is?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Bunnings have the original genuine honda UMK 425U model. But I’m not sure what the difference is with the letter “U”
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

didnt like it at all the honda 4 stroke brushcutter [lack of power] sold it within a month

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast