Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call an Indie

Default Call an Indie

I have had a brilliant idea....well I reckon it is anyway. Some of you will probably roll your eyes and say WTF is he on about now but here goes

Over the last couple of years I have built quite a few websites for Indie members. As part of that process you get to talk to them and bounce things off them. I can say without doubt everyone of them were brilliant people and we ended up chatting like old mates and even now we still ring each other and talk. Tonight Glenn from Cranbourne Mowing gave me a call out of the blue. We ended up yarning for ages. I really enjoyed talking to him and he is a great bloke.

So that go me to thinking. As Indies we lack the close support of the franchises. We can go for days, week, months or years without talking to another lawnie. It is that issue which draws alot of us to the forum. We need someone to bounce things off or even just have a yarn to. Being an Indy has it's scary moments so having had the experience of talking to quite a few I thought why not suggest it to all.

What I am suggesting is pick an Indy off the forum you may want to say g'day to and give them a ring. You may have to Pm them first to get a number or see if they are interested but if you can I think it is a brilliant way to open up networking and stave off the isolation we all face. Lets try to do it at times whenit is not a bother to the other Indy

Whadayareckon
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Call an Indie

Oh....and don't all you blokes call the girls....I bags that because I thought of it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Oh....and don't all you blokes call the girls....I bags that because I thought of it.
    Most of them can probably run faster than you Bluey!

But it is a good idea. Did that today with Scott whom I have been passing some work onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Most of them can probably run faster than you Bluey!

But it is a good idea. Did that today with Scott whom I have been passing some work onto.
    But can they dance, sing, drink and fight better.
    Cheers

Bluey

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Yeah sounds like a good idea bluey
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I was only just thinking of something like this a couple of days ago. On a couple of 4WD forums including mine there's a sub-forum where anyone can list their contact details and where they are based. They're in a locked part of those forums (club members only type of thing) so any Tom, Dick or Harriet can't just call you up. They can get our numbers off websites etc anyway but a quick reference list for other Indies would be the go.

Mine is on my website (check the link in my sig). Maybe a field on their profile perhaps. There is the Additional Info field but I am sure it can list ph no's
    Cheers

Bluey

But can they dance, sing, drink and fight better.
    I bet I can...but are you talking "oh geez, grandpa is dancing again, quick get the camera out and lets see if we can win Australia's Funniest Home Videos"
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    I bet I can...but are you talking "oh geez, grandpa is dancing again, quick get the camera out and lets see if we can win Australia's Funniest Home Videos"
    LMFAO....you know me too well Joanne.....you didn't have anything to do with sailors in the late 70's did you.....What make it worse I am a Grandpa....how the hell did I get this old.
    Cheers

Bluey

LMFAO....you know me too well Joanne.....you didn't have anything to do with sailors in the late 70's did you.....What make it worse I am a Grandpa....how the hell did I get this old.
    I really hope not...I would have been less than 10 years old....
    ~ Joanne ~

I really hope not...I would have been less than 10 years old....
    Hmmmm...is your Mum good looking with red hair too...ohhh God... please say no
    Cheers

Bluey

Hmmmm...is your Mum good looking with red hair too...ohhh God... please say no
    She was yes. Auburn haired and of Irish stock. Got a gorgeous photo of her in her nurse's uniform taken in the early 50's...the sort they hand coloured. But you're safe there Bluey, she's been gone coming up 20 years and even if not, I don't think you'd be sidling up to a woman in her 80's and giving her a bit of "well helloooo there"
    ~ Joanne ~

She was yes. Auburn haired and of Irish stock. Got a gorgeous photo of her in her nurse's uniform taken in the early 50's...the sort they hand coloured. But you're safe there Bluey, she's been gone coming up 20 years and even if not, I don't think you'd be sidling up to a woman in her 80's and giving her a bit of "well helloooo there"

Auburn haired in a nurses uniform and Irish to boot. Now there is a woman. And I reckon if I had spied her I would have given her a cuddlin anyways. 80 or naught. Can you post her photo. I want to see if you look like her. They say the looks run down a clan.
    Cheers

Bluey

Here y'are Bluey

Although it didn't scan well...can't see how blue here eyes are or the colour of her hair properly but it was a deep auburn, same as mine...well all us kids actually
    ~ Joanne ~

Auburn haired in a nurses uniform and Irish to boot. Now there is a woman. And I reckon if I had spied her I would have given her a cuddlin anyways. 80 or naught. Can you post her photo. I want to see if you look like her. They say the looks run down a clan.
    I hear you could be gettin married again Bluey!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast