Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barmac Paspalum & Clover Killer. Problem????

Default Re: Barmac Paspalum & Clover Killer. Problem????

LOL yes thanks for that Ian

ah . this clears up a query i got the other day. a lady got me to look at her lawn that has paspalum trying to take over her couch lawn. apparently another gardener had said they could fix it and sprayed something on one area of the 2 grasses. that was a week before i saw it and all the grass was looking very brown. i thought they might have got their chemicals or spray bottles mixed up but maybe it was the same problem as bobc has had. would have been well over 30c too

I checked another brand of Paspalum Killer, (Searles) and their ingredients and dilution rates are the same as Barmc, so it would seem that the spray rate is correct.

The lawn had not been mowed in the previous ten days. It was sprayed in the evening when the temperature was in the low 20's.

We've had some hot days here and it looks like I've not realised just how much the lawn was under stress, despite it still being reasonably green at the time of spraying.

I'm going to put this one down as part of my learning curve and just hope that with water and applications of Seasol the lawn will come good again.

Thanks for everyones input.

Bob.

Very Helpful Member

reasonably green at the time of spraying may mean that even if you hadn't sprayed the lawn it may have finished going brown by now. unfortunately as you have sprayed the lawn it gives the appearance that you are responsible even if your not one of many reasons i am hesitant to spray lawns
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Just as a follow up to this, I have given the lawn the Seasol treatment, and coupled with a bit of rain we've had, the lawn now has a fresh green tinge to it.

Looks like it'll come good and I may have dodged a bullet!

Hi Bob,
    We have found the same as you and firstly assumed, then tested and confirmed:
    The mix ratio if fantastic on Clover however,
    On Paspalum we spot spray only which may take two treatments over a 4 week period.
    Unfortunately there will be some browning of healthy couch.
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Keith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12