Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Winter Blues

Default Re: Winter Blues

How do you guys go during the busiest summer months for lawn mowing?
    I have some clients who scream to get there place mowed weekly .
    Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    As this is our first winter we've been trying not to get too many 2 week mows during summer. Rather searching out 3-4 week clients, thought process being that we'll stay in a similar position during winter. So far so good.

That said we also find the garden work more profitable than just mowing, the bonus is that you tend to get a full days work to get some of these places back in to manageable shape in the first instance.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Here is one of the places i look after weekly all year.couch.jpgfront.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Back to Basics View Post
    I have a weekly premium client with a tropic couch yard. I have battled with this place to get it looking the goods and provide a premium service. My package includes weeding, hedging, spot spraying, pruning, up to 3 x frets a year and up to 2 x grub treatments a year.

The grass is slowing and wanting to make sure I justify my time spent weekly there as I do not want my monthly charge to change.

Is anyone else in a similar position. I am about to fertilise the lawn heading into winter so it can have some food in the colder months and there is still plenty of pruning etc to be done. Does anyone else have a weekly agreement during winter? Is there any benefits weekly during winter aside from the continued money collect?

I have also just fully mulched to place before winter. This as agreed was quoted on top of current agreement. They are and have a top class place, they expect quality service also so it is hard work!

I spend approx 2.5 - 3 hours here a week.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

In the first pic, It's a cough lawn. ANy ideas on fertilising / Topsoil????? Ive sprayed the weeds with Bindie and they went away. Now for the couch to get healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    How do you guys go during the busiest summer months for lawn mowing?
    I have some clients who scream to get there place mowed weekly .
    Have come to the conclusion theres two types of householders, those that will live with long grass trying to get another week or two out of a mow and those that won't. Stupid thing is they pay for it and in the long run it probably costs them more....

starting to slow a bit on the mowing side here now

just printed off a flyer just for high pressure cleaning

will get the wife to throw out 200 of them tomorrow and later in the week and see what i get from it (with the other 2 flyers she delivers for me)

love printing flyers myself - can put together an offer at 7 pm after dinner, and have them on the street the next day - and then i can change the wording/offer/service highlighted when i want as often as i want

and for 1.5 cents per A5 flyer, on color reflex paper, laserprinted, so it looks pro - its a BARGAIN i tells ya

Yeh we have heard it before..

Im way to busy to drop flyers since I got the website the phone just keeps ringing
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Yeh we have heard it before..

Im way to busy to drop flyers since I got the website the phone just keeps ringing
    maybe you should get off the website and try answering it
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    maybe you should get off the website and try answering it
    Yeah Yeah left myself wide open there Ian
    I will have to start doing an Ian check before submitting my posts now I am familiar with your wit
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

FELLA'S, i can see $$$$ out there, cant wit till i get the flick...
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Yeah Yeah left myself wide open there Ian
    I will have to start doing an Ian check before submitting my posts now I am familiar with your wit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234