Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: honda 216 sick again!

Default Re: honda 216 sick again!

Just wondering how tight you blokes do the bolts. I do mine so the blades are pretty stiff but can be moved by hand with a little effort. Just my opinion but I can't see how effective they would be if they are flopping about all over the place. The idea is that they will swing bag if they hit something solid which they will. But if they swing back without hitting anything you may as well mow without blades I reckon.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Mate you are right, what I did notice with the blades being so loose is, the motor doesn't load up as much and the governor is very sensitive, I.e if u are at full throttle and hit it instantly the motor hunts a bit and the blades are opening and closing, if that make sense, now my blades are nice and tight it cuts heaps better and governor is happy,

I do up the blades as tight as it goes, but making sure the blades arnt stuck, but are just nice and snug and when motor shuts off the blades don't bounce back and hit the carrier,

Also I did notice, if the blades are too loose, even the blade of grass that your cutting doesn't seam to cut crisp, if you look back on your job you will notice the grass is fluffy, what is happening is the blades are swinging back to much to easy and seams to tear it and not cut the grass,

That's what I thought might happen. I make em nice n tight....as tight as possible without breaking the bolts hehe...The washer allows the blade to swing if it hits something anyway as far as I can tell.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12