Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stihl & oil!

Default Re: Stihl & oil!

I had the same flooding issues with my Shindaiwa C4 and got it fixed under warranty. I thought that you could pump the primer bulb as many times as you want and not flood the engine because it returns the excess to the tank. I usually give them 5 pumps. My Shindaiwa C4 back pack blower always takes 3 pulls to start whether it's hot, cold or in between.

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    ummm,

i DONT over fill the tank

i dont even "over prime it"

when i met up with the new guy james from sunshine mowing, i showed him my fs130

WITHOUT STARTING PRIMING OR FILLING IT, we took out the air filter, it was SOAKED with fuel/oil, and theres fuel visible under the air cleaner

its a well known prob with them, i think one of the guys on here said it was cos theres a fuel tank breaher that comes out into the air cleaner area, and thats what causes the fuel to be in there,

the fuel partially evaporates and leaves the air filter extra oily (and still absolutely SOAKED with fuel)

to start it, i have to take out the filter, use the blower to blow all the fuel out of the filter, start the machine with NO filter, then while its idling, put the filter back in and the cover on.

the machine is rarely used, and has prolly oly done 10 to 20 hours work from new

im not terribly happy with it - i shouldnt have to do all that crap

so dont assume a new fs130 will be the bees knees, itll probly be a pita.

i think the latest thread on it was when katherine (from grasshopper i think?) worked out thats whats wrong with her stihl machine too.

i meant to ask the echanic where i bought it about it (again) as im pretty unhappy about it, considering i spent $1000 on it

the shindy t230 is stored in the same box, i always fill it to the top, and it ALWAYS starts fine, (i showed james that too) and its 2 yrs old, been used daily (probly put 2000 metres of cord thru THAT one in that time)

so you cant blame the heat, you cant blame the storage, or the overfilling or the overpriming - its just stihl sh1t
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Default Re: Stihl & oil!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    They don't often have a grease-nipple down there although you can put one in. It's more likely to be a hex-headed bolt. You just undo it and pump in the grease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPweBCoevWM

Oh are we talking bent shaft or straight shaft?
    Straight shaft. Might be a job for me on the weekend

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123