Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Thank You Very Much

Cool Thank You Very Much

People,

Yesterday I met with Happymowin. He took nearly three hours out of his day to show me his equipment and give me some much needed advice. As I am new to this industry I found this time and his knowledge invaluable. I learnt a lot and picked up quite a few little tips and tricks that I will definitely use once I am up and running.

I encourage all the newbies like myself to try and meet up with a "senior" indy at some stage and pick their brain for the wealth of knowledge that they have.

The forum is definitely the place to start but you can't beat meeting someone face to face and discussing things with them and seeing how they do things.

Happy thanks again for taking the time out of your day to teach me something new, I really got a lot out of it.

Cheers

James

Default Re: Thank You Very Much

no probs mate, i'll send that training invoice for $17,000 like we discussed, lol

happy to give something back

cheers

It was very good of him to share years of experience with you as you will keep on coming into things you didn’t /haven’t thought off yet.

Reading customers may take sometime,i guess some learn quicker than others.
    It’s knowing when your being set up by them.It pays to try and think ahead of them and cover every aspect of the job before taking it on.

If you don’t understand in what i just said it’s only a matter of time before your out of pocket.

i went thru a lot of that with james; what questions to ask; how to construct the quote; what to expect/demand from customers.

ive only been mowing for about 3 yrs, but self employed for 11yrs ; i used to take guys from a job, sell them a business (a "distributorship", what you would call a "franchise" these days) for up to $30,000 and train them in marketing customer service and business systems.

always happy to help (tho im a little DIRECT in what i say, which is how i get in trouble here lol)

cheers

good to see your zingers once again beetle juice BUT sunshine took that great step to seek advice and i reckon he will go along way , maybe kick your arse.... seriously newbies seeking advice is great with this forum only wish i had the same many years ago ..reading customers will come from experience but to ask and have some time with happy will put him infront already....

Iv'e been at it for 30 years and when you slacken off on the rules and get a bit slack you get caught out every so often.The other day i did a small clean up and didn't get paid.Kicked my self why i didn't run the job details by the 80 year old guy as he forgot the original quote and what it entailed from a week ago.
    Just live and learn.

I agree Geoff not really sure what beetlejuice is implying. For the short time that I have been a member of the forum and after meeting with Happy yesterday I have learnt a lot already. I have been around and can read people pretty well and with what I learnt yesterday from Happy and what I have picked up from the forum I think I will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Iv'e been at it for 30 years and when you slacken off on the rules and get a bit slack you get caught out every so often.The other day i did a small clean up and didn't get paid.Kicked my self why i didn't run the job details by the 80 year old guy as he forgot the original quote and what it entailed from a week ago.
    Just live and learn.
    So what are the rules?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    So what are the rules?

Tom
    You abide by your own rules

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    You abide by your own rules
    thats what i like about this forum, so many guys helping one another

Its like a brother hood of gardners weird that...lol
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....