Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Things that make customers grumpy

Default Things that make customers grumpy

well we have had the happy grumpy for us ,tell us how customers tell you what makes them grumpy.....Ive had I dont like you mowing in the , rain or its too hot or too cold . Your price is too expensive my husband is a professional and charges less that you ( look who is the dumb fck hehehe )
    Please dont mow to early ( 8.30 ) my son doesn't like noise ( unemployed ) that early. After you have finished mowing can you pull all the weeds in the garden beds , oh sorry my fee is only for lawns so you want me to pull weeds for nothing cool i cant do that lol .
    I reckon thers heaps out there and ive got a heap as well.......

Default Re: Things that make customers grumpy

This thread should be good Geoffrey

I haven't had to many in my short time in this game. I had a customer when I first started,very nice waterfront house with a tiny lawn which I charged him my minimum($35) at the time. He used to tell me how he loved my work and what a great job I done blah blah blah. One day he asked me if I could trim the pleached hedge at the front of the property as well, no probs me says.I jump up on the block wall it's next to and trim it up,lovely he says.I send of the invoice that night($75,for both mowing and hedge,1hr all up) next day I get a call from him "my wife has looked at the invoice and $75 is to expensive for an hours work,I have to buy a mower and do it myself".No problem I say and good luck trimming that hedge with your mower,the silence was deafening lol
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

you quote $65 and the last guy only charged me $25 (thats why he dont do your work no more, mrs) . . . oh no, he left cos 1. his back hurts now 2. hes gone back to a job 3. hes gone back to uni 4. he's too busy now in other suburbs to do mine (youre a pita, mrs, THATS why he left)

the last guy was doing it in 2 hours, and i gave him an extra $10 if theres a lot of hedging/pruning on top (well, mrs, i'd charge $130 for that and extra $40 for the pruning) but he only charges me $40 (for 2 hours work, ARE YOU JOKING) no, serious (youre a pita mrs, move on)

but you quoted $65 to mow the lawn (but not after TEN weeks, mrs, now i want $300 to clean it back up) no way im paying more than $70 this time (pita mrs, good bye)

can you do my daughters footpath, its only 5 minutes work (i charge a $45 minimum, mrs) but thats $540 an HOUR, my husband is a solicitor and he doesnt charge that (well, get HIM to mow her lawn, mrs)

that what you mean lol?

These were some of my regular complaints for clients that normally got flicked very early
    "We didn't want our lawns cut today so we shouldn't have to pay!" The agreement was every two weeks...

"Can you stop using our green bin? We don't use it, but I don't want to have to put it out just because you use it." I can stop using it but your lawns will cost you an extra $10 per cut.

"Can you stop coming here at 7.30 am?" (dole bludger) How about I just stop coming here altogether?

Can you cut the grass shorter/ longer.

The clanger I had when I install an irrigation system- "I didn't know you were going to dig trenches on my lawn!" How do you think the pipes get in the ground?

"Why did you stop cutting my lawn???" Why did you stop paying me 6 weeks ago and ignored my txts including the one saying I won't come back until I am paid up to date?

"When you cut my lawn tomorrow, could you trim all the hedges too?" No, sorry I have 9 other lawns to do. I can trim your hedges in a few weeks when I have time. I am booked out until then. "But we are having a party on Saturday and we need them done!" Sorry I am committed elsewhere already. "But I thought you would be able to look after us seeing we have been with you for a few years and always pay you on time." (they were always at least 2 weeks behind) So next time another of my Friday mows wants some hedging done without any notice I should do it and skip 7 lawns including yours?

"Can you not mow so fast" Why? Is there something wrong with how it looks? " No It looks great but I just wish you would mow it a bit slower" ????

"The other man used to fertilise and spray the weeds in our lawn for free. Can you do that next time you come?" No, the other man should have charged you and if you want me to do that I will charge you.

When quoting- It will be $50 per cut each fortnight. "The guy doing it now only charges $30" Good for him, but it's $50 if you want me. "So you don't want the job?" *Walks off*

"I am an accountant and I need my hedges trimmed and gardens weeded. I know you have expenses and I have looked up the Award rate for gardeners so I am willing to pay you $20 per hour. When can you do it?" *Click*

Sorry Geoff that seemed to turn into a things that make you grumpy post in the end!

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

You should have found out the accounting firm and when tax time got him to do your tax and then say the award is this much ill pay ya $20. i just looked it up the accountants award rate is 492.80 a week which is 12.96 an hour my accountant charges 15 times that amount.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    The clanger I had when I install an irrigation system- "I didn't know you were going to dig trenches on my lawn!" How do you think the pipes get in the ground?

......"I am an accountant and I need my hedges trimmed and gardens weeded. I know you have expenses and I have looked up the Award rate for gardeners so I am willing to pay you $20 per hour. When can you do it?" *Click*

....!

spat my coffee out stripes, lmao

dont you use invisihoses? install the sprinklers, charge the $1200 "they only pop up and work when its raining mate" lol

an accountant? soon as you hear "im an accountant/solicitor" , should have hung up, lol

ohhhh i needed those laughs, thanks mate

yeah... give a price for regular cut.. 2 weeks in summer.... guess what ..4 weeks or longer... and chase up money....Ferals.. bugger...
    no more....

Yah idians [Extra spicy} done one to day price all ready quoted...Mowing hedges and run wipper thro garden beds...Then turned in to plant these 3 chilli plants... pruned this plant with my secaters she like wow when i cut the branck Iam like lady they Hundo dolla secaters what u expect...And then pack ever thing up Extra spicy walks out (old mate) and says I wont hedges lower after the mow no dude next time can we have your number Ill leave it in the letter box yah right later and gone...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

what Geoff said x 2

I had to laugh today. Started mowing an asian clients lawn, who has been with me for about a year. Had previously upsold her on weed control, and built it into the quote, and she came out and asked if I could stop killing the weeds please.........and I say....ok....why? "Because it's life, and you're killing it"....... Ummmm ok.......job just became a very profitable one. I did offer to plant ground covers in their place. Her place comes up quite neat, but it will go back to crap now, and she wouldn't even let me cut out a small dead specimen tree in the middle of the lawn thats full of borer's, because its a home to them.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Best complaint I've had is it didn't smell right after I cut it. **** I forgot to pack my eau d'herbes in the ute. The amount of complaints I used to put up with from that woman, still cut the lawn but she's been retired now.

Can you stop using your ride on it left tracks last time
    Oh I i`am sorry but I`ve been using the push mower the last few times after the rain
    Well that`s no good either
    So next time I`ll use scissors then ??
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

I recently got "what do you mean the price is going up $5, its been $25 for almost 10 years!" (me) That's why its going up! (them) well thats no good! (me) no worries, have a good life! lawn hasn't been mown since!
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

When a customer says he had a quote that is cheaper than you and why are you so expensive and he is going to go with the new guy then I end up with both his next door neighbors and one accross the street and now his lawn looks like a dogs breakfast and his neighbors look good lol

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast