Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Spur under the heal ouch .

Default Spur under the heal ouch .

Hi guys just wondering if any of you guys or gals have had a spur under your heal any advice would be good , did you get any type of treatment for it if what was it . Really dont need this at all .

Default Re: Spur under the heal ouch .

normally since medication wont work they cut the bastard off easiest method

sounds good to me . just gotta wait for my own Doctor to come back from holidays .

Very Helpful Member

anti inflammatories ( voltaran) tablets and extra padding under the heel and you have my sympathies i know how it feels
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

ian is there nothing else they can do for it ?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    ian is there nothing else they can do for it ?
    sorry don't know i took voltaren i think for about 4 weeks and this seems to have fixed mine if you try the voltaren make sure you always have it with food also i used a brand calle viclofen about 1/2 the price of voltaren i was taking 2x 25mg tablets 3 times a day then as it was getting better i dropped the dose to 1 tablet 3 times a day for a few days then 1 x 2 times
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Buy a packet of Homebrand frozen peas, when you get home and watch tv or surf the net put your foot on the frozen peas. Only do this for about 5 minutes, it will bring the swelling down.

This is a old method which works most of the time.

Get a empty wine bottle and lay it flat on the floor,rest heal into it and roll over bottle forwards and backwards.It may take a while.
    It’s a gentle way of snapping off the spur and it will give you relief.If successful and it comes back in a month or so just do the same thing again.

If this does fail the quickest relief is using voltaren suppository,they have a pill which you push up into your rectum.Bullit shaped.

If you are in bad pain this is the most effective way of dealing with pain compared to swallowing a tablet,as it does a better and faster job.
    Panadol make one too.

http://www.question.com/drugs/voltarensupp.html

Hi
    A old time treatment for heel spurs.
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda in a little juice. Drink twice a day. Should feel results in a couple of weeks. I have a friend who used this method & it worked for her.
    Cheers
    hjl

2 bottles of Capn Morgan per day. Does bugger all for the spur but I guarantee you wont feel a thing. My brother in law gets them. He has them cut out.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

a teaspon of fossil shell flour daily with a glass of juice or V8 or whatever your preference. Cleaned up a few spurs I had including one in the wrist. Also is a natural means of wiping out parasites in the body such as intestinal worms etc

Thanks for all the replies guys .