Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: ? Re saving to USB

Default ? Re saving to USB

I recently bought 'Cashflow Manager 7' and it seems to be going well. However unsure how to save to my USB. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: ? Re saving to USB

wow i thought they went out of business

thats what i use (cf 3 or cf4)

makes it so easy to do your tax, and even print out bas's simply, if youre on gst - no need to waste money getting someone else to do it for you

good program, but sorry cant help ya with saving to usb

(do you mean usb stick? if so, isnt the usb stick f: ? can you choose to save to f: ?)

Description

Backing up to a Removable (USB) Drive

How do I backup to a Memory Stick?

USB portable or removable external ‘drives’ are known as a ‘Flash’ or ‘Pen Drives’ or may also be called ‘Memory Sticks’.

Solution

1. Firstly, it is important to insert the backup ‘Flash Stick’ into the USB port on your computer to allow your computer time to recognise the added external drive so that it can appear in the dropdown list of backup choices.

2. Once this has been done, then open your Cashflow Manager Version 7 program.

3. Select your business file.

4. Click on File menu and select Backup

5. Click on the ‘Browse’ button and select the required drive. For example, say F:\ drive is the USB drive to which the file will be backed up.

(NB: The letter assigned to the external drive may differ, depending on how the computer was set-up).

6. If the backup is successful, the message screen will display ‘Backup Complete’.

7. Click OK.

PLEASE NOTE: Any Cashflow Manager backup files cannot be opened or ‘read’ by double clicking on them as they are saved in a compressed format. They are restored via the File menu in the program.

http://www.cashflow-manager.com.au/S...9/Default.aspx

all articles"

http://www.cashflow-manager.com.au/S...1/Default.aspx

googled it for ya !!'

cheers

I would save it to an external HDD but also take regular copies of your computer by saving a system image. It is one thing to have your data saved externally but take it from me it is a right pain to have to reload all the programs you use to actually get the data back. If you save a system image regularly it is a quick and easy way to get your computer back to what it was if your HDD drive decides to go legs up. You should also save that system image somewhere else other than your home in case of things like fire. I save mine to an external HDD and also to a secure online storage. Do it at least weekly.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

maybe he's using the usb stick to submit it to his accountant or an image to the ato.

thats what it refers to in the cashflow website, anyway

just a guess

regarding the online backup .. i am using www.idrive.com .... works really well... free up to 5 gigs which is heaps for most ppl and fully automatic. everytime you change / or save something it instantly backs it up over the web and you can access it from any computer.

Thanks to all for your advice. Much appreciated.