Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 216 Height Adjuster.

Default 216 Height Adjuster.

the height adjuster on my 216 is intermittently only allowing me to chose the 5th 6th and the 7th notch, Today I did a lawn that I do on the 4th notch I was able with force get it to the 4th notch and it actually engages the rear drive wheels lift it up to the 5th notch and it stops.

Some days I can chose all notches with out issue cant work out where or why its getting stuck any suggestions.

I have changed the height adjuster on the 196 is it a similar process to do it on the 216

Thanks

Default Re: 216 Height Adjuster.

just guessing cos i know squat about it, but the rear axle isnt bent is it? or a heap of gunk built up under there? funny that it makes it drive.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

I was thinking maybe a heap of grass somewhere have you tried given it a majour clean. Sounds strange mate hope ya work it out.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Could also be a heap of old grass under PTO shaft just unscrew the plastic cove betweenr motor and rear chute 8mm screw and have a look

Thanks for the advice guys , Everything was clean and no grass blocking anything.

Yesterday the drive shaft popped of at the motor end and I was able to select all height notches again.

Is the drive shaft a solid piece or should it extend and retract? because when I re attach the shaft it gets stuck in the middle height range again.

Yes it should extend and retract,pull it apart clean and re grease.Service every 6 months or when it's getting hard to adjust height.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Yes it should extend and retract,pull it apart clean and re grease.Service every 6 months or when it's getting hard to adjust height.
    Many Thanks BeetleJuice, I took it off tonight and it is seized in the one position it only moves back and fourth a couple of millimetres. Cant wait to get it going again with out the SP it is a terrible push mower.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    Many Thanks BeetleJuice, I took it off tonight and it is seized in the one position it only moves back and fourth a couple of millimetres. Cant wait to get it going again with out the SP it is a terrible push mower.
    if you can't get it going properly http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/...roducts_id=613
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Thanks Ian,

I ended up getting a new one this morning as I couldn't get my existing one to free itself. It was a bit fidly to replace but all done now and I can select all heights and more importantly its a self propelled mower again