Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Keep It Easy Questions

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Hi Greg
    What do you like and dislike about Tradify?
    I currently use QuickBooks for invoice / quotes / payroll etc which is fine - quotes are fairly basic though
    and google calendar for scheduling - I'm happy with that for just using one vehicle but I have an employee out on his own now as well as tree work in a separate truck.... so not sure whether I should jump over to something more sophisticated or not.

Service M8 does look good but only for iPhones and I've got Samsung everything and so do my staff
    I saw that keep it easy was never going to improve and I looked around in the market for something that was going to do the job. I only stumbled on it as a link form MYOB, as one of their partner software members.

It links to Quickbooks too.

I love the way you can schedule jobs. Most of mine a recurring and you can set various intervals, day, week, certain day of the week, i.e. 4th Saturday - it's very flexible and automatically books the next job, no need to re-book. It integrates with google calendar too.

It does force you to book in the start and finish times for the jobs, but these are not set in concrete as you can drag and drop them in the scheduler - I do that each week. You can have multiple jobs with the same start time. You can set it to send a text to the customer for the booking, I have turned that off as it's an extra cost. It will send you an email for assigned jobs and when they change. I have turned that off as I set the schedule.

You can easily book one off jobs too.

It does quotes and invoicing, time keeping. It has a great mobile app (I use android too) for you and staff. It can handle staff assigned jobs. I'm a single operator so I don't use the staff aspect.

You can use it to send the customer a quote that they can approve online. Then place orders from suppliers. Convert the quote to a job then add the hours, and costs then when complete, issue the invoice. It has a thing called kits where you might have a set number of items, that go into a job too.

I have mine linked up to MYOB but it can ink up to other accounting packages like Xero/Quickbooks. I have MYOB linked to my bank account feed and it makes recording of invoice payments a breeze. I do my invoice follow-up from MYOB, and that's quite simple. Tradify can do invoice follow ups but again they charge a fee for that. BAS returns and payroll/super etc are great in MYOB too.

I was quite impressed with the info provided by the sales guy. I was equally impressed by the training provided. I had a live training session with somebody from London. There is a user forum on Facebook which is quite lively, and they provide ongoing support.

It adds a new payment method called Stripe and although I did not like that to start with, I have now changed the charging to be passed on, and many customers like the simple payment method.

I have been using if for 5 months now and am quite conversant with what I do with it.

It has mapping of jobs but no route optimisation unfortunately.

It does not have the ability to change the intervals for different seasons in one go, like other software, and that's a bit annoying. Although not every job changes frequency on one day anyway. I do have to update the frequency for each customer for each recurring job. I have asked for a 'switch' but it is a majority thing - If lots of people ask for it, they might add that functionality - I was happy to at least get a response form the support team, to my suggestion.

It is NZ software and costs NZ$39 a month. You bank might charge you a currency conversion fee too. If I refer you we both get a $250 credit. Copy this link if you want to get the credit https://www.tradifyhq.com/mates-rate...ralCode=PW7QC5

Anything else you help with I can probably answer.

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    I saw that keep it easy was never going to improve and I looked around in the market for something that was going to do the job. I only stumbled on it as a link form MYOB, as one of their partner software members.

It links to Quickbooks too.

I love the way you can schedule jobs. Most of mine a recurring and you can set various intervals, day, week, certain day of the week, i.e. 4th Saturday - it's very flexible and automatically books the next job, no need to re-book. It integrates with google calendar too.

It does force you to book in the start and finish times for the jobs, but these are not set in concrete as you can drag and drop them in the scheduler - I do that each week. You can have multiple jobs with the same start time. You can set it to send a text to the customer for the booking, I have turned that off as it's an extra cost. It will send you an email for assigned jobs and when they change. I have turned that off as I set the schedule.

You can easily book one off jobs too.

It does quotes and invoicing, time keeping. It has a great mobile app (I use android too) for you and staff. It can handle staff assigned jobs. I'm a single operator so I don't use the staff aspect.

You can use it to send the customer a quote that they can approve online. Then place orders from suppliers. Convert the quote to a job then add the hours, and costs then when complete, issue the invoice. It has a thing called kits where you might have a set number of items, that go into a job too.

I have mine linked up to MYOB but it can ink up to other accounting packages like Xero/Quickbooks. I have MYOB linked to my bank account feed and it makes recording of invoice payments a breeze. I do my invoice follow-up from MYOB, and that's quite simple. Tradify can do invoice follow ups but again they charge a fee for that. BAS returns and payroll/super etc are great in MYOB too.

I was quite impressed with the info provided by the sales guy. I was equally impressed by the training provided. I had a live training session with somebody from London. There is a user forum on Facebook which is quite lively, and they provide ongoing support.

It adds a new payment method called Stripe and although I did not like that to start with, I have now changed the charging to be passed on, and many customers like the simple payment method.

I have been using if for 5 months now and am quite conversant with what I do with it.

It has mapping of jobs but no route optimisation unfortunately.

It does not have the ability to change the intervals for different seasons in one go, like other software, and that's a bit annoying. Although not every job changes frequency on one day anyway. I do have to update the frequency for each customer for each recurring job. I have asked for a 'switch' but it is a majority thing - If lots of people ask for it, they might add that functionality - I was happy to at least get a response form the support team, to my suggestion.

It is NZ software and costs NZ$39 a month. You bank might charge you a currency conversion fee too. If I refer you we both get a $250 credit. Copy this link if you want to get the credit https://www.tradifyhq.com/mates-rate...ralCode=PW7QC5

Anything else you help with I can probably answer.
    Thanks for the detailed response Greg!
    I'll definitely use your referral link if I make the switch
    Right now I think I'll hold off a little bit longer. If my employee is happy doing the high volume mowing side of things solo then I'll sign up, If we end up doing more tree jobs where they are larger and easier to schedule compared to mowing then I may just keep things the way they are.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314