Ok I have given the cloud version of Keep It Easy a good crack for 8 months and feel I should tell my fellow contractors about it. During this time I discovered a lot of functions not working as they should in their program "and there are a lot". As I discovered these things I emailed KIE about them and on each occasion was given a work around way to do the procedures until the issues were fixed. The cloud version does not have all the functionality as the old desk top version, the biggest one for me is their invoicing, you cant put all jobs on the one invoice for a client that has a monthly account like you can in the old version, I tried to manually enter jobs on an invoice and write the service dates for each job manually as their is no functionality for service dates but when you save it ready to email the order you have entered changes so all the dates are jumbled around, this is confusing for the customer and embarrassing for me, I was told by KIE all these issues are being looked at by their programmers.
In Summary the old version has more functionality than the new version. The new version has a lot of functions that are not working as they should. KIE don't inform users of this when signing up to the new cloud monthly paid version, you have to learn the hard way as you use it. There has been nothing fixed from KIE from the many issues I have informed them about nor has any information on these issues in regards to them being fixed in the near future been sent to me from the company during the last 8 months, had this been the case I would stay with them. I cancelled my subscription at the end of June and I have now moved over to Quickbooks. I did enjoy being able to schedule and do my bookkeeping in the one program with the desktop version of KIE but the new version is making it hard and very time consuming not to mention more expensive than QB. It puzzles me when they have a perfectly good program like the desktop version that everyone was happy with as a platform why they have to change the functionality when building the cloud version and why they didn't make sure everything worked properly before taking it to market. I was also concerned that if these issues were not fixed soon then people will quit KIE and move elsewhere and the company would one day close leaving me high and dry.

QB are a huge company so I feel safe in the thought that they wont just close one day leaving me high and dry. It really is quick to use just a shame they dont have scheduling but now I have made the change I have found its no real biggy and it has cut my book work time in half and cheaper as well. I should have listened to Bluey!! would have saved me a bit of time and $$$ but I dont mind at least I know and wont fall into that trap later on down the track and might help a few people when considering a bookkeeping program choice in the future..

Cheers
Dean