Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Easy Questions

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

indeed - l won't be going there....scared of heights too

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yep.$25 a month. All data has to be manually entered. I was advised to re-enter all data back to the start of the financial year and archive my old pc. I have printed all reports as the old pc is on its last legs.
    Though i am having a few problems with re-entering those jobs at the moment.(payments not showing up on completed jobs).
    I went through a hell of a lot of trouble shooting with Selina back in the start trying to get it to operate properly. Since then i have not applied one update as it was working perfectly. I was told this software will stop working soon. Not true. Because windows software and operating systems are going into legacy mode does not mean they will stop working. There will be no support offered for the software. And that pc will never have updates installed as it works fine the way it is.
    I need convincing that this cloud version is worth it. Right now i think that it has a long way to go.
    Not exactly mobile friendly due to screen sizing and having to scroll all over the place to complete simple tasks.
    There seems to be a different process to email invoices to customers.
    I could go on though i will give them the benefit of rectifying these issues first.

P.s. Your license was aparantly only good for 1 pc. Meaning you had to purchase a new license for a new install.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    If we transfer to the cloud version do we have to pay the $25 a month seeing as how we had a lifetime subscription
    Hi Bluey. Yep I asked that question and had an email stating the lifetime subscription is for the old version
    In relation to the old version stop working I also had an email saying 2010 windows version is constantly being updated by Microsoft and eventually the old KIE version will stop working, as a computer guy Bruce do you know if this is true?

Cheers mate
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post
    Yep.$25 a month. All data has to be manually entered. I was advised to re-enter all data back to the start of the financial year and archive my old pc. I have printed all reports as the old pc is on its last legs.
    Though i am having a few problems with re-entering those jobs at the moment.(payments not showing up on completed jobs).
    I went through a hell of a lot of trouble shooting with Selina back in the start trying to get it to operate properly. Since then i have not applied one update as it was working perfectly. I was told this software will stop working soon. Not true. Because windows software and operating systems are going into legacy mode does not mean they will stop working. There will be no support offered for the software. And that pc will never have updates installed as it works fine the way it is.
    I need convincing that this cloud version is worth it. Right now i think that it has a long way to go.
    Not exactly mobile friendly due to screen sizing and having to scroll all over the place to complete simple tasks.
    There seems to be a different process to email invoices to customers.
    I could go on though i will give them the benefit of rectifying these issues first.

P.s. Your license was aparantly only good for 1 pc. Meaning you had to purchase a new license for a new install.
    Thanks for the detailed info Neil. Yes I emailed them and have been told the same thing. What I intend to do is keep all my files up to date and archived on my computer (I have a new pc with 2010 windows) I will get the cloud version and enter all relevant data but not book any jobs unless the old version stops working all of a sudden. At the start of July 2017 I will move across to the cloud if I am happy with the way it works but I am also going to look at everything else on the market given we are starting all over again with a paid version. I dont like the idea of all my data being kept by someone I dont know, I would prefer to have a few external hard drives and backup myself just in case something happens to that company, might just be me being old school and over cautious.
    Cheers
    Dean

The reason I go it in the first place was because it was a once off fee. I had Quickbooks and was sick of paying out their fees each year. I just had a look at Quickbooks pricing schedule and their Plus version is $24.50 a month.

I am damned sure QB Plus has a whole lot more functionality the KIE yet KIE is dearer. I liked KIE because it was functional albeit without all the bells and whistles of QB and is was the once off fee. If I am going to that amount I would take QB
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Does QB have a scheduling facility for customers?
    Thanks Bluey I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Thanks for the detailed info Neil. Yes I emailed them and have been told the same thing. What I intend to do is keep all my files up to date and archived on my computer (I have a new pc with 2010 windows) I will get the cloud version and enter all relevant data but not book any jobs unless the old version stops working all of a sudden. At the start of July 2017 I will move across to the cloud if I am happy with the way it works but I am also going to look at everything else on the market given we are starting all over again with a paid version. I dont like the idea of all my data being kept by someone I dont know, I would prefer to have a few external hard drives and backup myself just in case something happens to that company, might just be me being old school and over cautious.
    Cheers
    Dean
    I agree mate. I don't think your being over cautious at all about data issue either. Having all your data stored online by a company who you have no control over scares me a little. I guess I will be finding another program now.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Does QB have a scheduling facility for customers?
    Thanks Bluey I will check it out
    Not that I am aware of mate. It has lots of functionality though. Too much for me. I liked it simple like KIE was.
    Cheers

Bluey

Hi Bluey. Yep I asked that question and had an email stating the lifetime subscription is for the old version
    In relation to the old version stop working I also had an email saying 2010 windows version is constantly being updated by Microsoft and eventually the old KIE version will stop working, as a computer guy Bruce do you know if this is true?

Cheers mate
    Dean
    Its basically an Access database mate and as long as you have Access available it is likely to work although some of its other functions may not. I hate Windows 10 anyway and still have Windows 7. As for it not working on a new machine I am not convinced it wont. If your running the same operating system and load a back up of your old one to the new one it should. Not 100% sure but I can't see why it shouldn't.
    Cheers

Bluey

We've got to move with the times fellas
    I've never used the product but $25/mth for a package like this is a pretty cheap investment in your business.
    We pay double that for MYOB AR and its worth every cent in both saving me time, and being able to analyse the business.
    You can't hold back the tide of upgrades with your PC and eventually unsupported software will break. Cloud based solutions are here to stay.
    Technology should help make our my micro businesses run more efficiently, and hence more profitable.

Trev

Thanks Bluey for the info

Redey you crack me up,, I only just got "Im scared of heights"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I agree mate. I don't think your being over cautious at all about data issue either. Having all your data stored online by a company who you have no control over scares me a little. I guess I will be finding another program now.
    ed zadcary Bluey..there a lot of time and investment of our records and to trust someone to keep it safe is huge....i still have my hard copy of quickbooks and does my bas thats ok...i do have an online invoice to go which is 90 bucks a year but is purely for emailing invoices and quotes on the run..so when i get home the most important things have be processed..that being get the customer to pay me quick....the bas is a quarterly thing and i do it in one night ( a long one lol ) to put the records through my quick books..i could pay a monthly fee but i could lose control..i am an old fcker but one thing i have been educated over the 30 years on doing this great job is I control the most important things....

me too Geoff....I'll keep it going as long as possible, but l've had too many niggly faults that I don't want to trust them with a cloud based situation

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Bluey, Redeye and Geoff, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and have been using my old KIE and have had no problems so far. I am a BEER BOB at the moment LOL. Actually I have a couple of clients that I look after I put it through my KIE to keep the work booked and I still email invoices which are then paid in cash next visit. So it's still operational at the moment with Windows 10.

been on W10 since it was released David.....

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast