Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Easy Questions

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

Enter the full payment.It will come up as credit. When you invoice the next job it will ask you if you want to deduct it from their credit.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    A tip for those of us that have multiple visits to clients over a month and only want to raise one invoice. When you complete your first visit mark as job complete and raise a Invoice, next visit check what the invoice number was that you raised on the first visit, then mark second job as complete, then down in section on RH lower there is a section for Invoice number, punch in the invoice number and then click on raise invoice, the second job will then be added to the original invoice, you then add the other visits the same way then at end of month you just email the one invoice to client with all the charges for the services carried out. Then when you receive payment make certain you go back into Job Management section and mark Invoice as paid from there, not in the Accounts section under Income/Reciepts

Found a better way. Complete all the jobs for the client and they will appear in the Who Needs Invoices section. Sort it by Customer and then use the control key to highlight all the jobs for that customer. Raise the invoice and they are all printed on the invoice. It actually tells you how to do this at the bottom of the Who Needs Invoices page.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

That's what I do. Also when I have someone who doesn't pay last month's invoice (I have a couple of "slow" payers) I go to invoices and delete last month's invoice then go to Who Needs Invoices and it will show up there. I select both jobs and print it, then write the previous invoice number and highlight the job in red. I don't tend to invoice when I do the job.....mostly I invoice at the end of the month. Most of my invoices are commercials and with a couple of exceptions, they all pay towards the end of the next month regardless of what your trading terms are stated on the invoice. I'm working out when their individual pay cycles are and this summer will start invoicing them a week before their payment cycle. Generally it seems to be around the end of the 3rd week of the month so I'll be invoicing them at the end of the second week.

What extra "Expense Categories" have people added to KIE?

I have

Accounting
    Advertising
    Consumables - oils, whippersnipper cord, poisons, mower blades etc etc
    Dump Fees - Just for my own info
    Maintenance - Repairs and maintenance to any plant & equipment
    Mower Fuel
    Vehicle Fuel
    Plant & Equipment
    Postage
    Standing Costs - Things like insurance, rego etc
    Telephone
    Miscellaneous - anything I don't have a category for

I can't remember what was in there originally but that's what I have. My accountant is happy enough with that and it gives me a good enough idea on where the money is going. When you make a payment, in addition to the category you also have the option to put in exactly what it is for so Whippersnipper cord for example gets filed under Consumables as Whippersnipper cord so at any time I can look up how much I have spent on cord

Accounting Fees, Advertising, Bank Fees, Car Expenses for other 1/2, Computer Supplies, Creditcard, Electricity, Fuel & Oil Ute, Fuel & Oil mowers, Home Phone & Internet, Insurance, Interest Paid, Licences, Loan Payments, Meals, Misc, Mobile Phone, New Plant & Equipment, Office Equipment, Owners Drawings, Postage, Printing & Stationary, Prptective Clothing, Purchase of Materials, Rates & Land Taxes, Registrations ( for business ), Repairs and Maintenance, Rubbish Fees, Subscriptions, Sundry payments, Tax services, Tools, Transfers to other Accounts (Money to Tax account), Travel & Accomodation & Ute Expenses.
    Hope this helps

Thanks guys, I've got a few of these so i hope im on the right track!

You can actually add expense categories on the fly .. that is, as something new crops up that you want itemised you can add it in then enter the expense.
    Its a pretty good system - I asked Selina recently if she could add a 'quote' system or a proforma invoice that can be used when quoting big jobs - something that looks like an invoice but says quote and can be changed nto an invoice if the quote is accepted and completed. Said she would think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alby View Post
    You can actually add expense categories on the fly .. that is, as something new crops up that you want itemised you can add it in then enter the expense.
    Its a pretty good system - I asked Selina recently if she could add a 'quote' system or a proforma invoice that can be used when quoting big jobs - something that looks like an invoice but says quote and can be changed nto an invoice if the quote is accepted and completed. Said she would think about it...
    Same response i got when i mentioned the Quote section. Would be very handy.

Received an email from Selina yesterday, which I guess most of you would have, with news of some updates and new features to the program.

Yep all done and dusted, works fine for me, love being able to set credit days per clients as some of mine are 14 days and the rest are 7 days, used to have to keep remembering to change to 14 days when invoicing and I would forget most of the time and would get a call about change of trading terms. Now I don't have to worry, plus lots more room for description of what garden work I have carried out.

Just doing some work on KIE and had Selina fixing a small issue for me. Whilst doing that I had an idea about being able to send our clients a doc that lists all thier book jobs. They can print it out and put it on the notice board or fridge. Could have reminders to open gates, pick up dog poo and take items off lawns. Could also add msg on up sell of services. Selina is going to work on it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

The text on emial process is not working for me. Is anyone else getting it to work?
    Cheers

Bluey

Selina was going to make the option that we could default our own email message instead of the default one that comes with the software. That did not update with this new update. I just highlight the text and delete all then add my own message and Signature. A default message would be easier.

Yeah the option is here in the preferences just doesn't work
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast