Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Easy Questions

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

Remote computer access scares me a little. If we can anyone can; who knows who probably can already anyway.

Anyone using ultravnc to remotely access their computer while on the job?
    I've always used Teamviewer for remote access. I don't use remote access for work but I do access my home computer when I am away.

Remote computer access scares me a little. If we can anyone can; who knows who probably can already anyway.
    Never had any problems in that regard. Remote access is used all the time. I have less confidence in wireless internet than remote access in regards to security.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep It easy PR View Post
    Hi John,

Just a quick question, Have you downloaded the updated version yet? if so have you tried to rebuild/reindex? if so I will look into it further for you on your machine.
    Downloaded updates! Still happening.
    Will try rebuild/reindex - see if that fixes things

KEEP IT EASY

Hi guys, ok just to clarify a few things.

1. Cloud style data (although we don't cloud it its a virtual private server, similar to what banks use.) has less chance of allowing stealing your data than your house getting broken into and your computer getting stolen.
    So rest assured its safer than your own set up.

2. The cost for virtual host client will be between $40 and $50.00 per mth. (remember all your data is backed up daily and stored safely)

3. Yes the cost is more than the download currently however BE aware that the down load will get a lot more expensive in the future to allow us to spend money on updates that are needed.

4. The new cost (when it comes out for the current download version ) WONT affect any already registered (purchased) users like most of you all. You will still get ALL the relevant updates and the software will be both the same for online and download this will remain free to you.

5. it is really aimed at new purchasers to allow us the working capital to expand the current version to make it the best it can be.
    Down time on hosted sites in less than 1%, if a server dies it take about 1 hr to have another online and restored to what it was.
    Bear in mind these data server centres are approx. 1-2 million dollars to set up so its the best equipment possible.

I hope this answers a few of your questions.

Aaron.

Aaron, Dont think you have answered my questions.

A couple of questions.

Login /access security - ??
    Data Security - ?? More data has being stolen from banks and other large organisations over the past year, than my house in a lifetime
    Where will my data be held (don’t say the cloud). Ie. Australia, Japan, switzerland, china. I also assume that the data will be held at more than one site to provide the 1% indicated
    Recoverability - o it takes 1 hour to restore a server, but what is the restore point.
    Uptime / Downtime - 1% is not really a promising answer, is that 15 per day, per year. thats 3.6 days a year of downtime.

KEEP IT EASY

Hi bb1,

Login /access security - remote desktop server secure data via remote access ( user profile set up with password for each user) (own document file directory) Access is using any computer that supports remote log in ( Apple needs an app)
    Data Security - stored in Perth in a Data centre ( like most of the "cloud" data storage (but we keep it local)
    Where will my data be held - As above (western Australia) and backed up nightly for safety.
    Recoverability- Restore point is the last back up which would mean the night prior.
    Uptime / Downtime - 1% is not really a promising answer, is that 15 per day, per year. that's 3.6 days a year of downtime. ( these figures are "if it failed" ) so I am unable to answer your question, But we do have fail proof systems in place to make sure everyone can run the software if it went down for more than a day.

I hope this helps.

Remember its still in a trial stage so some of the questions are unable to be answered as clearly as I would like.. But I have 6 trucks on the road and over 400 clients so I will be the first to make sure there is always a back up plan if something goes wrong .

what's with the update? clicking on the update tab just re-opens the home page....do I need it if I don't do GST?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

any idea why a job done today appears on the 20th instead of 18th(today) in Job Management, yet others show up as done today - there is also one there (20th)that was done last week??

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Stop sniffing that fresh air and Salt. Possible stuff up in your bookings, you may have booked the job twice or you booked via normal bookings and via completing job, this can give you two jobs on the same day and you finalise one job the other appears as a booking not complete.

never book jobs, I enter them as "book job without time"....dunno whats going on?

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    any idea why a job done today appears on the 20th instead of 18th(today) in Job Management, yet others show up as done today - there is also one there (20th)that was done last week??
    You might of accidentally downloaded an older version, that was called "Make It Hard"
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

damn!!

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    never book jobs, I enter them as "book job without time"....dunno whats going on?
    Are you putting in a time for the job. If not it wont show up on the jobs schedule page.

KEEP IT EASY

Hi Redeye,

Sounds like its a user issue the beautiful thing about this program is if there is a issue with the code EVERYONE has the same issue :P If you want to email me or call the office (use the site for our details) Ill be happy to help.

Aaron.

KEEP IT EASY

Oh and btw, the latest version has been out for some time now.. 4.6a if anyone is still using the dinosaur version probably want to update before issues start with all the windows updates that have come out.. (and not the type of windows we look out of either

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast