Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Easy Questions

Default Re: Keep It Easy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Keep It easy PR View Post
    Hi Redeye,

Sounds like its a user issue the beautiful thing about this program is if there is a issue with the code EVERYONE has the same issue :P If you want to email me or call the office (use the site for our details) Ill be happy to help.

Aaron.
    Aaron, That sounds like every IT persons response, next you will tell us to reboot and all is ok. Having spent 20 years in IT support, I can assure you that with software different people have different issues with EXACTLY the same code. And just in case you werent aware reboots do not resolve all issues. Not saying it isnt a user issue, it quite likely is, but code is code and it works different under different circumstances. The number of times I have setup 2 different machines, on same OS, same hardware, and dragged the developer into the room kicking and screaming, but have them leave that room to admit, "I had better go look at my code", and come back a day or 2 later, with a new bit of code, which resolves that "user issue", because it never was a user issue, rather a dodgy bit of code that behaved differently with slightly different DB data, or other variant.

did the update a couple of days ago Aaron, now nothing shows up on Job Management page prior to the date I updated i.e. work previously done, shows the money for each day but no details of the actual jobs is there.... becoming annoying

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I sent a email to KIE a couple weeks ago and I still don't have a answer. Not impressed with KIE backup service. Not that I need it anymore but just in case I have to actually do some work while I am traveling I wanted to keep my software updated and I had a question about a credit not being removed.

Looks like Keep it Easy does not want our business anymore. No reply to my last post and still no reply to my email. Glad I am not in need of urgent help.

thanks david nearly was going to get this pro gramme,

Hi Geoff, it is a good program for bookings, accounts and keeping track of everything. I just have issue that I wanted get fixed but they have not answered my email or my post here. I will have to ring them and try to resovle my problem. I would still buy it as it's the best 1 program for a lawn mowing business that I have found.

David I have noticed they are a bit slack on emails. Ringing them on thier 1300 number is a voice to email service. I got success off their Contact Us form. And Geoff I have to agree with David that it is a good program but you should have bought it before 1 July as from now on you have to pay for upgrades but if you got it prior to that it was still a lifelong free upgrade.

I posted a warning about that previously
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    David I have noticed they are a bit slack on emails. Ringing them on thier 1300 number is a voice to email service. I got success off their Contact Us form.

I was going to start to look at other options, but think I will steer clear of them, if they dont answer correspondence, and don't have a decent phone service. forget it, you cant wait weeks or not know if they will actually ever answer.

Well it does look like Keep it Easy are not interested in us as a group. No replies in this section. I would suggest to Dean that he delete this part of the forum as KIE have not replied.

KEEP IT EASY

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Well it does look like Keep it Easy are not interested in us as a group. No replies in this section. I would suggest to Dean that he delete this part of the forum as KIE have not replied.

Hi Guys, No we are still here and getting very busy, the Keep IT Easy business has tripled in size and now gone to the cloud also and as you may know I also run a very big mowing business myself (8 trucks) so as you can imagine I am very busy don't get as much time to scroll all the forums hence why we have the contact us page and voice to email, so that we can get back to people faster than needing to use forums to answer questions, if you have sent an email and not had a response that would mean we probably did not receive it? sometimes things don't make it for some reason, and if you didn't get a response then can I suggest maybe resending it or calling us so we can help?
    I am always helping people with questions via email, (not via forums) only due to the time it takes.

If you would like to resend your email, as always I am happy to help.

Over 1400 users currently use this software and to keep the cost down for users we need to have voice to email or email support.
    Also as for the fee for updates, : to just clarify as of yet there has not been a charge for anyone for updates (including the 5.0 version due out soon) we reserve the right to charge on non life members but the last 2 updates including the new one are still free for everyone.

Again it is really simple, if the company cant cover the costs there is no Keep It Easy Software, and updates are needed to be done to make sure with all the new versions of windows run smoothly with the software and yes this costs a lot of money to do. hence why we needed to reserve the rights to charge "if needed"

But rest assured its not on the cards to charge for the updates for now.

So please understand we are here to help and many of you have needed help and always received it promptly, but as we grow we need to use the correct means of contact, and you didn't get a response after 1 contact maybe- just maybe, we didn't receive it?

Aaron.

Keep IT Easy.

Does anyone know how I can transfer KIS to another computer? I've had to buy a new one due to problems with the laptop and want to put the program with all data on the new computer. (I've sent Aaron an email but thought I'd ask here too being such a wealth of knowledge )

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

thanks for a quick response Aaron !much appreciated

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

How is the new cloud version working out for everyone? I am on the free trial at the moment. Takes a little getting used to compared to the old Access based version.

Hi Neil about to transfer soon. Do you have to transfer all your old data across manually to the new version?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

If we transfer to the cloud version do we have to pay the $25 a month seeing as how we had a lifetime subscription
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast