Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused...Chonda or honda??? help me decide

Default Re: Confused...Chonda or honda??? help me decide

I have my chonda for 18 months, nearly finshed its second summer, still going strong.

the only things that i have replaced are the rear wheels, I did replace the drive shaft because one of the little clips holding the pin in some how loosen and the pin almost came out but it chewed out the joint alittle bit, so I just put a new shaft on.

Normal servicing and blade changes.

Look after your equipment, and it will look after you I say!!

i just dont know

i dont maintain much, so thats why i like to buy reputable stuff with good warranties.

i see where youre coming from jas, i do.

cheers beers

Commercial warranty genuine Honda.21" 216 model
    Frame 6 months
    Motor 24 months
    There is no 3 year warranty for contractors

Happy, the motors are the same mate, There is no variances,
    Even piston, sleeve, carbies wiring are identicle, no difference
    The only difference is the gearbox, deck, and few bobs n bits, do performance is the same
    I personally like the spartan gearbox better than the Honda genuine,
    But bang for your buck, I think u can't go wrong, and with services, u really need to do these yourself

Well their has been some great debates here on chonda v's honda and ill make my decision around this method only. I LOOK AFTER ALL MY GEAR and always service and drop my oils and filters at the correct time, and anything else its back to the dealer to fix. had a good chat with a supplier here on the coast and he said he would stand by his Chonda's and should I have a problem to see him directly...maybe a little piss in the wind from he's part to win my business but he was "The Man" director/Owners of the shop plus it seemed to be a family business which is something i like...

So the list will read as this....

Chonda sp
    bg56 blower
    Ms 170 chainsaw
    Stihl whippy

These should start me off in the right direction and I will built with other item as I feel fit. I have thought about buying a real Honda SP once the funds start to roll in a little more.

Next on the hit list will be a duel cab hilux and fixing my 6x4 trailer with cage.

Hope this all works out...

it's beyond my comprehension that people still buy "genuine" honda mowers - mindless, pointless brand (dare I say it) snobbery. They fell off the quality perch years ago................
    yes I've had a beer or two...... but still?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by 355 tonner View Post
    Well their has been some great debates here on chonda v's honda and ill make my decision around this method only. I LOOK AFTER ALL MY GEAR and always service and drop my oils and filters at the correct time, and anything else its back to the dealer to fix. had a good chat with a supplier here on the coast and he said he would stand by his Chonda's and should I have a problem to see him directly...maybe a little piss in the wind from he's part to win my business but he was "The Man" director/Owners of the shop plus it seemed to be a family business which is something i like...

So the list will read as this....

Chonda sp
    bg56 blower
    Ms 170 chainsaw
    Stihl whippy

These should start me off in the right direction and I will built with other item as I feel fit. I have thought about buying a real Honda SP once the funds start to roll in a little more.

Next on the hit list will be a duel cab hilux and fixing my 6x4 trailer with cage.

Hope this all works out...
    I got the BG86, and I wouldn't want a smaller one. Comfortable to use, and powerful for a handheld. I find it great to blow stones back into gardens etc, I reckon the smaller ones would struggle to blow pebbles back. The little things make all the difference. If you are a one whipper guy, then think about the FS90 too. Has just enough power for real long stuff, but can still be used to throw around edging, but again its always a compromise in some way. You will prefer the fs85 for edging, but will wish for the bigger one in the long stuff. I may have to buy a KM90 Kombi now that I have decided to go compact with my ute.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Very Helpful Member

Honda warranty http://www.lawnmowers.com.au/Commerc...owers/HRU216M2
    3 years commercial
    4 years domestic
    6 months on the frame which is basically everything including the gear box but not the engine
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

What he said....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    dont forget the new genuine hondas have the blade brake which i wouldn't want to go without now.
    also the deck is a new design .. ive only had the older wide chute style 196 to compare it to but i rkn the newer one is better.. i notice most of the chondas have the old style deck or another cheaper crappy one.
    some of the chondas also dont have the rear discharge chute like the genuine (no need to hold open when slashing long grass)
    and some are without the snorkel which i rkn is a must
    the height adjustment lever is much better on genuine
    catcher bags dont seem as good as genuine (not that the genuine one is good in wet grass, but dry its perfect)
    starter handle isnt as easy to reach.. (easy to fix that i guess)

little things add to comfort and usability

the warranty isnt a big issue to me as most things you are gonna break wont be covered by the warranty anyway .. i repair and maintain all my own stuff so as long as i know parts are easy to get im happy.

but at the end of the day ive got 2 banged up honda 216m2's and yes they are not the perfect mower in all scenarios but i know that i can take my $1400 mower and chuck it on ebay starting @ 99cents and because it has a genuine honda sticker on it ppl will go crazy and give me back $6-800 for it!!! then ill just go and buy another genuine with warranty piece of mind , tax deductable etc.. and do the same thing again when thats falling apart.

also its your business $1400 vs $800 ... unless you know the $800 mower IS better then why risk it.. you are going to be using it everyday and if the difference between having top of the range and a cheaper copy is a few dollars then i know what i would do.

All i can say is i had a 215 Honda sp lasted 10 years and just traded a 3 year 216 for a new one and happy with the new one.

Best to have a look and try a few different mowers out and pick one that suits what you want.

I also have a cheap Sanli 4 stroke powermulch for small jobs with lots of stairs and for back-up.

Cheers....

There seems to be some confusion on warranty for commercial use.
    The only warranty which applies to you the contractor is what’s written on the warranty form supplied in the kit.That form which you fill out to be eligible for warranty.

No matter what is supplied on any web page or advertising literature only that sheet with your name on it is valid. Some terms and condition for warranty may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren's Mowing View Post
    What he said....

Hi Darren,

You have some valid points there mate theres no questions...But as a start out guy im after bang for my buck and trying to spread the start up coin as far as i can. As posted above i will grab a chinda to get me going than when things pick up a little for me ill spend the folding and grab a genuine honda sp... Then i can run the chonda to death and have a 216sp as a back up... WIN WIN... I think

^^^^^ whoops and "chris b" for the post....hahahhah

hey 355 i agree with stump if you can stretch the budget to grab the bg86 blower its worth it.. comfort level is a huge leap up compared to most blowers due to the anti vibration system. (most powerful handheld too )
    the effects from vibration damage can be long term i believe so im pretty cautious about it... sometimes get tingling hands etc when using whippy too long

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    i just dont know

i dont maintain much, so thats why i like to buy reputable stuff with good warranties.

i see where youre coming from jas, i do.

cheers beers
    Happy, I have been pretty strict on maintenance since I started. It dosn't matter if its the Zmaster or the chonda, I will clean, grease service my equipment every weekend, that way I know at the start of the week my equipment is ready for another week.

Jas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123