Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

They come to our cafe for coffee (apparently we have the only good coffee in Taree).....she said if I run into them there she'll introduce me as the contractor who mows their rental property (which is true....lol). These clients are in their 60's (she's the one with the Dixon ZTR) but mother is still SWMBO....lol.

doesnt really make me laugh, but couldnt find anywhere else to put it. Over the last 3 or so months I have turned up at 4 different clients places to find that there dogs have died (no not my fault). But the odd thing is they have all planted them in the middle of the lawn, not the garden as most people do, but the lawn. All are larger blocks (1 plus acres), so heaps of room anywhere else, but they chose the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    doesnt really make me laugh, but couldnt find anywhere else to put it. Over the last 3 or so months I have turned up at 4 different clients places to find that there dogs have died (no not my fault). But the odd thing is they have all planted them in the middle of the lawn, not the garden as most people do, but the lawn. All are larger blocks (1 plus acres), so heaps of room anywhere else, but they chose the lawn.
    A bit like the above.
    Trying to get out of side street with trailer on 20 meters from traffic lights with 2 lanes each way. 1st time round when light turns red no chance to get out , no one politely gave me any room either. So as you do, when lights turned red next time I wait and when I get a little chance I move across 2 lanes stopping the oncoming traffic and wait for 1-2 cars to go buy so I can then proceed.
    Well WTF A young sheila, yes a sheila in her Merc decided to give me a blast of her horn, not a short one but long excessives ones. I put my hands up to point and say "lights are red and maybe you can fit another 3 -5 cars past me waiting at the stop lights" and she gives me a blast again. What did I do? Smile and then proceed to laugh, give her a blast back and slowly pull away as I see her gesturing with her hands and then pull up at the red light.
    These sheilas are becoming exactly what us blokes have been told we are. I took her tiny piece of the road for a few seconds and

Happens all the time here. Young female P-platers are the worst.

Hat wearing Land Cruiser drivers are the most arrogant @holes on the road in my opinion, and everybody is entitled to MY opinion.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

This just now on the Jobseeker website...

"Hi, looking for a Gardner to come mow the lawn ,blow leaves away ,whipper snippet , clean chicken area and general clean up of the yard for a few hours today the 2 nd of dec will pay $20 per hour . Thanks kell"

Engineers,they're a bit like Landscape designers

"I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

ha. that is so true. apologies to any ex engineer lawnies out there but im sure when they get their degree they have to trade in their common sense.
    i once had to try to explain to a hydrologist that it isnt all about how much water falls from the sky its also about how it pools that can prevent access to land. i guess he hadnt been taught about puddles and their oversized cousins
    Indy and proud

Listed on Gumtree tonight for my local area..... Check out the money on offer!

We are looking for someone with gardening experience to maintain our small acreage property in Hodgsonvale. We have a lot of trees, hedges and established gardens that require periodic pruning, weeding, etc.

General maintenance around the house (gutter cleaning, lawn mowing, using a vac blower, spraying, the odd dump run) would also be part of the job .

This is a cash job paid at $ 15 an hour. You could pretty much decide when you do the work but you would receive detailed instruction on what needs to be done.

Please tell us a little bit about your gardening experience in your reply. Thank you.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Take up that opportunity Paul.

Simmo
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Pass!

14 14 14 14

Very Helpful Member

sounds great but i believe it maybe illegal i wouldn't want to be in their shoes if some one works for them then takes the pay issue to fairwork Australia
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I thought about contacting them to set them straight on what that sort of work really costs but with people with that mentality I think you're always going to be up against the eight-ball.

I bet they get someone keen to do it - beer money

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Listed on Gumtree tonight for my local area..... Check out the money on offer!
    I had a few jobs from gumtree ads and they have proven to be well paid and with great customers.It is what it is.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast