Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    my daughter was reiterating how one of her best friends was going to a concert so she had booked return airfare to Sydney unfortunately for her the concert was at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl which my daughter pointed out to her was in Melbourne luckily for her she was able to change the date of the flight and had a boyfriend in Sydney at the time that she was due to visit
    Sounds like my girlfriend, who turned up at the Adelaide airport to return to Melbourne, she arrived about an hour early for the 6 oclock flight, the check in chick said sorry you are 11 hours late. The ticket was for the 6am flight not the 6Pm flight

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

drove past an absolutely pristine Bentley today (around $300k worth)..... with L plates. you'd think they'd maybe buy a cheapo $50k for the kid to learn in.

Very Helpful Member

Being asked to arrange the easter eggs for so the kids can have an easter egg hunt at easter time the kids are my daughter 22 her boyfriend 24 his sister 23 my son 20 and possibly his 20 year old girlfriend
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

If you Have Alzheimer's disease you can hide your own Easter eggs.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Get a call at 3pm Sunday arvo, "I'm not happy with the Jims guy doing my lawn, can you come by and do it."

Sure whereabouts are you, Dandenong he says, sorry I dont go further than Narre Warren

He says - So you wouldnt go 10k's further for a job (sounded like a 50 or 60dollar job). He said it in a way as if to say but you must travel for me.

No I wouldnt.

Was about to say I could find someone for him via here, but he hung up.

Some people think you will travel anywhere for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Some bosses do take on jobs everywhere. With my old boss (tree industry), we were based around the Essendon area, mostly work on that side of town. Get a call to go a little bit passed Frankston, work mate in a ute is ahead of me by ~an hour, I'm in a truck slowly cruising down Eastlink, a good hour and a bit from our normal area. Get a call, job is canceled, back to Essendon! Then there's others where its been a 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back.
    Cert III Arborist

Get a call at 3pm Sunday arvo, "I'm not happy with the Jims guy doing my lawn, can you come by and do it."

Sure whereabouts are you, Dandenong he says, sorry I dont go further than Narre Warren

He says - So you wouldnt go 10k's further for a job (sounded like a 50 or 60dollar job). He said it in a way as if to say but you must travel for me.

No I wouldnt.

Was it 0433 479 7**. Got a similar call about 5.30. I said I couldnt do anything until Tuesday but he wanted it ASAP. He's gunna call back When he does I probably wont be able to anything the following next week. Got a public holiday and busy as!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Was it 0433 479 7**. Got a similar call about 5.30. I said I couldnt do anything until Tuesday but he wanted it ASAP. He's gunna call back When he does I probably wont be able to anything the following next week. Got a public holiday and busy as!
    No wasnt that one

No I wouldnt.

He probably wouldn't want to pay travel either.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Getting a call from someone telling me that my computer has been hacked. So I said this sounds like a scam. He then says ,when the police come and arrest you don't call us. Goodbuy.

Oooooookay.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Getting a call from someone telling me that my computer has been hacked. So I said this sounds like a scam. He then says ,when the police come and arrest you don't call us. Goodbuy.

Oooooookay.
    Professional hacking on business computers is becoming a real problem in the business world... basically, a hacker will hold a business to ransom.

I was speaking to a friend the other week who's client was held at randsom a few months ago... $20K to have access to there business servers again!

Apparently the money needs to be transfered into an offshore account and they release the blocking to the servers once processed.

Simmo.

Very Helpful Member

real estate rings and asks me to do a quote on a rental so i go around and email the quote through the owner rings me and say's to much last guy he charge 25 dollar,i said he may have only charged you $25 but why isn't he doing it anymore (i already new the answer )he say's he go out of business, i said yes because he didn't charge enough to stay in business please ring me when or if you want someone who plans to earn enough to stay in business
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

real estate rings and asks me to do a quote on a rental so i go around and email the quote through the owner rings me and say's to much last guy he charge 25 dollar,i said he may have only charged you $25 but why isn't he doing it anymore (i already new the answer )he say's he go out of business, i said yes because he didn't charge enough to stay in business please ring me when or if you want someone who plans to earn enough to stay in business

HEY THATS MY LINE, lol

i do exactly the same - "wheres the $25 guy, why arent you using HIM?"

I just say if he's that cheap, give him a call. Shuts them up quick;y

Very Helpful Member

i had already been told the guy who was doing the lawns had gone out of business so i wasn't expecting much when i did the quote and fitted in doing it when i was driving past the house so only cost me maybe 10 minutes in time and 10 cents in petrol

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast