Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

you wouldn't be the same guy that if someone dobbed you in for working unsafe (no signs out / working off a ladder) youd smack em in the mouth?

theres a couple guys I know that don't charge much cos they don't want the hassle of getting new customers in, theyre semi retired, just want to top up the self funded pensions, so they mow for what youre calling "beer money". they put it all thru the books, and can then claim their costs against that etc.

just cos someone don't charge what YOU do don't mean theyre doing the old johnny cash.

besides, I reckon youd be wasting your time, the gubmint would have so many complaints coming in about "beer money bobs" - they want to investigate the clive palmers who can pay a pretty penny in fines and get some dosh into the treasury.

what would they make chasing a beerbob? $200 in fines?

Just a few thoughts....

1. Mr Abbott is in power and that means one thing, scrip and save every penny - - increase taxes and reduce benefits.

2. Govt way of making money - tax

3. One thing the govt hates "the cash economy"

4. Tighter spending and need for more money = crack down of people who "avoid" the system" - both tax wise and govt benefit wise

5. Just wait till the gardening trade is on the next tax offices to be audited list.

So if there are any beer bobs out there I would be scared.

1. The tax office or Human Services will get you eventually

2. Break a window or injure or kill someone with your $5 lawn mower and safe work will have you for breakfast.

Simples (squeak)
    Independent and i know it

Am getting tired of Estate Agents who turn up while you are preparing a property for sale, and start giving you a heap of extra things to do, I generally tell them to get the clients permission to spend the money.

Today I took a different approach, took the list of jobs, estimated a price, asked for his name and address, and told him I would send the invoice to him when complete. Funny how he quickly changed his mind.

got an email from Richard Branson today !! he's going to give me $8,000,000 !!! as soon as l send him all my credit card details, I'll be rich!! hooray

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Some people have all the luck
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

This looks like a good job, shame it's not in my area, they want it done on Sunday & they will pay no more than $90, they do have a green bin for the waste, shame you would need about 8 of them.
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/chifl...ded/1033130850

YEP lggf if it didn't make you laugh it would make us all think wtf. Why do people have the perception that lawn contractors are just scumbags, imagine saying that to a plumber, oh I need some plumbing work done I have a length of copper pipe but you will need your own oxy torch, will only take a few hours and I will pay you 90 bucks if you do it on Sunday fark yeah. What about when you are working where other tradies are working most of em look at you as if you are **** does this happen to anyone else

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

OMG, i looked and laughed at that add, but saw a worse one underneath it. Makes you slap them about the face. Slave freaking labour is what it is.
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount...aid/1033041511

Quote Originally Posted by LGGF View Post
    This looks like a good job, shame it's not in my area, they want it done on Sunday & they will pay no more than $90, they do have a green bin for the waste, shame you would need about 8 of them.
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/chifl...ded/1033130850
    I think they deserve a discount on their 90 bucks, we are using their broom and Rake

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    YEP lggf if it didn't make you laugh it would make us all think wtf. Why do people have the perception that lawn contractors are just scumbags, imagine saying that to a plumber, oh I need some plumbing work done I have a length of copper pipe but you will need your own oxy torch, will only take a few hours and I will pay you 90 bucks if you do it on Sunday fark yeah. What about when you are working where other tradies are working most of em look at you as if you are **** does this happen to anyone else

Yep.

Had some really good clients for four years until recently. I got my cousin (a builder) at job a their place renovating - probably around $80,000 worth of work. The $6000 to $8000 of garden reno work I had started to do for them is now not happening because I'm just a gardener and they'll try to do most of it themselves because they spent all the budget for my work on the reno with my cousin who is a tradesman and I'm just a gardener, apparently.

Meanwhile he's just put new $2000 personalised number plates on his ute and I'm only just scraping through with the basics and staples for my family.

I've been mowing this vacant block for 3 yrs and the bottom is a fair slope that's usually greasy with rocks and trees to dodge. I've always been extra careful to minimise any scuffing of the already thin grass.
    I went there today, and the whole strip across the bottom has been rooted up by pigs.

So much for all the effort I put in.
    At least I got the rest of the block done a bit quicker.

006rs.jpg

That sucks mate! No to mention the potential fot hitting those rocks!
    Doesnt look like a very fun place to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    That sucks mate! No to mention the potential fot hitting those rocks!
    Doesnt look like a very fun place to mow!
    Yep Mick. That area is "Out of Bounds" now. I won't be picking up rocks and leveling it out.

Saw an old guy today on one of those scooter things they ride you know the ones that are a pain in the arse on the road, well this guy had the flag the whole kit, but get this he was towing a little trailer with, yes a mower and whipper snipper on board. I cracked up

Bugger the scooter thing with a flag, when my time comes I'll be getting a quad bike that goes hot baby!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Saw an old guy today on one of those scooter things they ride you know the ones that are a pain in the arse on the road, well this guy had the flag the whole kit, but get this he was towing a little trailer with, yes a mower and whipper snipper on board. I cracked up

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast