Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

thanks mate tough day but family and friends have been a great support as does you guys on this forum........family i guess is why we exist material things and earn more dollars dont really mean much compared to our loves........ enuff said as me ol man would say geton with it and do it properly lol

Sorry to hear that Geoff, condolences to you and your family.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Geoff,

Condolences Geoff and understand your situation as I'm fast approaching a situation similar to yours in the immediate future.

I posted just one post before Christmas that a distressing time was being experienced by myself with my elderly dad and my business was in damage control due time off I was taking.

Spent Christmas day with my elderly dad 89yr in hospital who was wishing to suicide in front of me and my two daughters 20 & 22 yr. Whilst I was told to find an aged care facility immediately two days prior to xmas by the hospital. As dad has been bouncing in and out of hospital with a high frequency of late.
    Found my dad on the kitchen floor with webster blister packs of meds punched out everywhere and called 000. Myself and the ambo's thought he had self medicated, but he hadn't, just got confused and disorientated with the med's.
    Found placement into aged care Monday prior to New Years eve and my dad started ringing his sister and bother all in there 80's for help and wanted to die. Have taken so much time off work to pull through for my dad and myself.
    Tried to work Wednesday just gone, but was a danger to myself as my mind was elsewhere so I went home to bed to sleep. Been visiting my dad prior in hospital everyday or all day and again in aged care, then he rings a 85 yr old sister in QLD to say I have never visited and dumped him in prison.

I hear your pain and sorrow Geoff and it sounds like you have a very special love for your dad. I've been experiencing hell over the past four months and more intensely since the last two ambo calls and hospitalisation leading into the current situation. Five days before xmas my dad was in Hospital and the salvos came in and sang Carols in the ward. My dad told them to Fark off as it was depressing him.

Dad is a DVA Gold Card holder and that has been an incredible financial help.
    Cheers Garry

we were lucky in that he went quick.......had a few issues and went to hospital with a torn shoulder , being on warfarine they gave him a huge dose of pain killers in edone....got home and done him in with a major brain bleed.....his gp said they did the wrong thing...we say maybe but time was up poor buggar...he at peace no suffer...worked on his farm till then so he had a good life

anyway he would be happy that i put this in the make you laugh post lol

It's so hard Geoff with managing the elderly as their body gives up.
    My mum went quick 2yrs back and that's what my dad wanted, but his long term plans back fired when I found him on the floor at 7.00pm and dialled 000.
    Seeing how the high care peoples in the aged care places spend their day is saddening and three cheers for the kind dedicated people that work there.
    Spent the Friday prior to new year enacting all three power attorneys and setting the bank procedures up to take control. My fathers days are limited with lung, bowel and liver cancer. But his had them for 5 years amazingly.
    Two weeks back he authorised a sizable sum of money to be parked for the day you unfortunately experienced today.

Take care all and if your familys don't have wills and fully set up P O Attourneys, get onto it as the horrid situation will be more stressful without them in place.
    Cheers Garry

Going to the fridge for a JW & coke to settle the brain, as I have a church lawns job tomorrow to do for the whole morning before visiting me old man again.

PS, Fark its going to be hot next week.
    Cheers Garry

Sorry to hear about your dad Geoff. It's good he went quick. Glad you have all your family and friends to help you through

Condolences to you and your family Geoff.

I feel for you too Garry. Awful situation for you.

Australia day tomorrow boys, a bbq and a beer no doubt . We should make it lawnies picnic day. This makes me laugh and cry Aussie flags you know from one of those cheap shops, made in china

I absolutly hate imports...end of story...we get conned at all levels with pointy heads..."packed in Oz"...blah effing blah...(few beers here)...Oz day tomorrow and if it wasn't for the 'mericans blowin up the nips in WW2 we'de all be dead..INCLUDIN the graffiti d-heads.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Australia day tomorrow boys, a bbq and a beer no doubt . We should make it lawnies picnic day. This makes me laugh and cry Aussie flags you know from one of those cheap shops, made in china

a mate was in Queanbeyan today, said he saw a bloke on a trike with a trailer behind with the gear onboard - lol, way to go

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

the tourists have gone home, hallelujah!!! might get to sneak out to one of our local, hidden beaches....sssshh!
    download.jpg
    this is Target beach, one of the lesser known beaches on the headland (Pt Perpendicular lighthouse in the background)

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

And you want us to keep away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    the tourists have gone home, hallelujah!!! might get to sneak out to one of our local, hidden beaches....sssshh!
    download.jpg
    this is Target beach, one of the lesser known beaches on the headland (Pt Perpendicular lighthouse in the background)

right below the lighthouse is a rock platform known as the outer tubes (torpedo tubes were there in ww2) the best fishing platform in the world for land-based marlin been about 20 caught in the last week or so (and unfortunately not many released) up to about 140kg

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast