Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Do you surf mate?????

not any more, someone jumped my fence and stole my last board a few years ago, and my knee prolly wouldn't handle it now still have fond memories of a surfing comp there in the early '80s in filthy swell, started out 6-8' and just got bigger as the day went - its a thick knarly wave went it gets some size

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yeah I have been getting into it a bit lately with my oldest boy, he is 8. The bug is starting to bite, so I was checking out a new board the other day, $950 might have to save up for it. That right hander looks good ..mm if it is hot tomorrow I could be surfing by lunch time

that you roo?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

ahhh roo ...yeah he did know how to make a dollar and play early ...good man that one ....knew the true meaning of working smarter not harder philosophy

New use for a grass/bag catcher.2014_01290013.jpg

Just saw on a local buy,swap,sell page -: Anyone need their lawn mowed call me 0412673###.

I asked him if he had insurance etc.

"No sorry got to get it I just do it for sum pokey money".....

Book him in for 10 quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Just saw on a local buy,swap,sell page -: Anyone need their lawn mowed call me 0412673###.

I asked him if he had insurance etc.

"No sorry got to get it I just do it for sum pokey money".....

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Was talking to another contractor yesterday about the number of contractors without insurance. Thing is they'll openly tell you they don't have it & it's a waste of money. There's got to be some way of exposing these fools to the public.

all insurances are the same. Will be useful when need it or waste money if you never claim it. Sometimes, we need this just for peace of mind or feeling secured

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    all insurances are the same. Will be useful when need it or waste money if you never claim it. Sometimes, we need this just for peace of mind or feeling secured
    Just been rethinking insurance.

I need Public Liability to get commercial and body corp work because I am asked to show a certificate and wouldn't get the job otherwise. Clients like to see it on the business card too.

The excess is pretty high so I'd probably be better off just paying out if I broke something. Arguably if I broke something I don't have to pay for it anyway( their stone, their window...) I can't think of a scenario that would lead to a claim. Any of you guys claimed on PL?

Trailer and tools insurance is pretty high too. How many years of not paying $900 a year for something you never use means you come out ahead?

Might be a personality thing.. the missis and I cashed in our life insurance so we could go to her mum's funeral in the UK. Might die tomorrow, got to live today!

What other insurances do you guys hold?

Tom

The guy who lost a blade off a ride-on and killed someone in North Queensland a couple of years ago might have needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post

I need Public Liability to get commercial and body corp work because I am asked to show a certificate and wouldn't get the job otherwise. Clients like to see it on the business card too.

The excess is pretty high so I'd probably be better off just paying out if I broke something. Arguably if I broke something I don't have to pay for it anyway( their stone, their window...) I can't think of a scenario that would lead to a claim. Any of you guys claimed on PL?

Trailer and tools insurance is pretty high too. How many years of not paying $900 a year for something you never use means you come out ahead?

Might be a personality thing.. the missis and I cashed in our life insurance so we could go to her mum's funeral in the UK. Might die tomorrow, got to live today!

Tom
    Would not go without public liability, if that stone hit someone instead of a window you will be up for a lot more than a window. Or consider a scenario where you start a fire. It is just not legite to go without public liability.

As for the rest I insure my trailers and big rider. I have claimed 2 bent decks on the mower so that has paid for itself.

The rest I self insure.

You must have public liability.

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post

Tom
    I would not mow a lawn without public liability insurance, I think you will find a everyone else on the forum would be the same, don't leave home without it...

At home today , got the flu really bad, so just looking at gum tree, a guy has put an add up saying how great he is , you know the usual palava I will mow snip blow paint your house take six loads of rubbish to the dump and wash your dog for twenty bucks. Funny thing is he has put up a picture of one of my jobs. Sometimes I wonder how one of these clowns would respond to a punch in the head. One guys add said he has been in the business for 7 months so you know he is in it for the long haul, classic

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast